Yet more advice sought.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrApollo

Reaction score
Yet another question I'm afraid. In our quest (now turning into a saga) for a van to import into Switzerland I'm lining a few up to view when I come over to the UK in a couple of weeks. I've seen one advertised down in the West country that ticks many boxes, but it would be quite a detour for us to head that way. Can I ask if anyone can give an opinion on this one http://www.southwestvws.com/listings/1972-vw-bay-window-camper-devon-roof/ Is there anything about it that says, don't drive a couple of hours down the M4/5 to view it? Or anything in particular to look at if we do? I'm looking for a van that is mechanically original, and which doesn't require any significant work to get it thorough the Swiss equivalent of an MoT. For the first MfK (MoT) after import they will virtually take it apart looking for anything that doesn't meet the relevant standards.

Many thanks in advance

Yes, that's the one.

I wrote that it needs to be mechanically original. I should have said that the spec needs to match that of the original, appropriate replacements aren't a problem.

Latest posts