Workshop Repair Manual 69-72 Bodywork Part 1,2 : New Digital Download

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

UPDATE:

I've added the file here for download through Paypal the price is £10, if there are any issues please let me know.

OK, so ive finished the Bodywork repair manuals and compiled it into a nice clean PDF of 331 pages or so :D . I've removed all the blank pages an tidied up the look, it was quite 'browned' due to it being 43 years old but i've done the best job i could on making it printable. I have to say its the best reference for bodywork you will find, period. Everything is highly detailed.

This manual was produced by Volkswagen in 69 with some supplements added up to 72. It includes every bodywork repair you can think off for the Baywindow and some for the Beetle (mainly framehead, nose and quarter panel) Aug 67-Aug 72, all the measurements dimensions and tools needed/used. I was actually surprised as it had a section on removing and repairing the factory hightop with very detailed images (as an example). The manual could also be used by the latebayers but obviously differences like the deformatoin panel are not included although most of the repairs described are shared across both types.

Basically if you have a rusty bit somewhere this manual with give you detailed steps on how to repair it and even the tools that will be required, where to cut to part out the old metal and where to weld in the new.

The bonus is it allso includes dimensions of the type 48, trekker, notchback, bay and beetle and some other handy stuff. It also has the same amount of information regarding bodywork repairs on the type 1 beetle.

If you want to repair an earlybay or a beetle (69-72) this manual will show you how the Volkswagen taught their VW franchised garages how to do it.

Down to costs. I'm printing a small run of CDs (printed on the face and not a sticker) and will package them in clam shell covers. The manuals were'nt cheap and I've been waiting nearly six years to get my hands on a copy that was resonably priced, ive seen single copies go for upward of £250 each. I also had to buy a new duplex scanner to handle the scans, if anyone is looking a printer the HP officejet 8600 plus is a brilliant bit of kit. Then theres my time, probably running into a fortnight of evenings. Postage will be around £5 signed for for th UK, €8 to mainland Europe and $15 for the USA, i will have to confirm these prices. The disc will be £10, i think thats fair price? Anyway thats the hard sell over.

I'm currently waiting on the delivery of the blank printed disks. PDFs will have individual passwords which you will recieve via email from me once i have recieved payment. All earlybay ordered discs will have the bonus of my collection of Teardrop trailer plans and drawings which ive gathered up over the years, around 50 different types of teardrop, Benroy etc, all the good 50s builds, website resources and full plans and descriptions on the builds for most of them, worth the £10 alone. I'll lbe taking payment via paypal.

So if your interested please email me (DONT PM) and i'll let you know the details. [email protected]

Some low res teaser images... (the Manual is in 300 DPI full A4 print quality, thats 2480 x 3507 pixels, 9 megapixels per page)

cover.jpg

VW-Workshop-Manual_Page_001.jpg

VW-Workshop-Manual_Page_076.jpg

VW-Workshop-Manual_Page_113.jpg

VW-Workshop-Manual_Page_175.jpg

VW-Workshop-Manual_Page_182.jpg

VW-Workshop-Manual_Page_192.jpg

VW-Workshop-Manual_Page_266.jpg

VW-Workshop-Manual_Page_307.jpg

CDs arrived this morning. i will start burning them tonight. Ill email the folk who have requested one with details.

just waitin for payday friday lol .the garage bill skint me again this week :) ,

they are password protected individually. if you lose your passwords email me for a resend.

hope you are enjoying it as much as me. :D

Johnny said:
they are password protected individually. if you lose your passwords email me for a resend.

hope you are enjoying it as much as me. :D

Yes, it's fascinating, but I reckon I'm already up to about 3 years of work!

Are you the guy on ebay selling these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280948716990?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_526wt_1398" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was gonna get one from the bay but If not I'd rather give my money to one of you guys on here!

exuptoy said:
Are you the guy on ebay selling these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280948716990?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_526wt_1398" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was gonna get one from the bay but If not I'd rather give my money to one of you guys on here!

yes thats me.

Latest posts