Whinge Alert - Van off the road

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harry UK

Reaction score
I drove my camper to the local garage over two weeks ago as the gearbox was in a pretty bad way, looks like the main bearing has calapsed. The garage set about looking for replacement box and found one on e-bay that finished on saturday night. It looked like it went for a price well below what I was prepared to pay and with only 2 bids made surely that box was on its way to my van .. nope the mechanic fell asleep so we didn't even enter a bid :evil: I didn't see that one coming :shock:
So now all I know is that my gearbox is screwed, I have no replacement and the weather is georgeous back home. Kids half term is week on Friday and planning to go away.
I'm not in the best of moods right now so thought I'd post on here to relieve some stress, it hasn't helped I'm off to kick something 'till I feel better.

I have a WELL used 1600 box that was reconditioned by Pete @ Cogbox so was the mutts nuts, has been stored for a few years but is still full of oil and should work a treat, It's down near brighton, If you can arrange someone to collect it from me in london or near brighton I'd sell it.

Hope that helps

cheers

Alex

Latest posts