• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

wanted 1776 TURNKEY ENGINE wanted

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strongy

Reaction score
havent got time nowadays to be messing about due to work comitments

just want something i can bolt in thats ready to go

thanks for looking

chris

Not mine

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=181104614566&index=2&nav=WATCHING&nid=04016441678" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thanks bud :mrgreen:

ive emailed him for more info hes a little vague on the add

1776 turn key
SSP counter weighted crank
Lightened flywheel
Equaliser pulley
Complete bottom end balanced by John Maher
Engle 110
Forged Mahle Pistons
Heads machined by stateside tuning to give 9:1 compression standard valves
Twin 40 Dellorto carbs
Gene Berg linkage
Jaycee Push rod tubes
Bolt up rockers
Full flow CB pump cover and HP 1 filter
Vintage Speed exhaust
Rolling road tuned by Peter Burgess (he was impressed 104 HP at flywheel)
Fantastic and very reliable motor pulls very well, any trial it's in my bay and I'm in Cleethorpes £2900

Sorry if its in another thread somewhere, Ive got a 1600 sp, thinking of upgrading myself, was looking at a 1641cc but by all accounts not much difference to the 1600, not after all out speed more of keeping up with modern day traffic, is there much difference between 1600 & 1776?, or a t25 2lts or subaru lump?,

i would have gone scooby if i were running stock hight. but they sit a bit too low for lowerd busses.

ive read loads on 1776 not being as quick as expected and a little disapointing but im moving from an old 1.6 sp and dont expect a racer just a bit more power to push the westy along.

really depends on what you want

ive been going round in circles the last 2 weeks and landed with wanting a 1776,just read loads a stuff and avoid the samba,nothing good comes from reading pages and pages of people trying to get one over on each other :lol:

Theres one on VolksZone at the moment, west london, just built, 3K
Nothing to do with me, just saw it on there 3 minutes ago, bored, too early on sunday morning.
here you go
http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=814286" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I run a 1776 put together by Laurie Pettit last year, great for bottom end grunt, touring and economical to boot, getting around the 28 mark at a steady 55 to 60 fully loaded with trailer tent in tow, dont have to change down every time I get to a hill. Mine runs engle cam, twin webber 34picts jetted by Laurie and a vintage speed exhaust with Petronix electronic ignition.
I would certainly recommend one, I did a lot of research and this was the ideal size for me, cost about 1900 including new heads barrels and pistons and machining my block and fitting new bearings etc and rejetting my existing carbs. Worth giving Laurie a call he's very informative and a wealth of knowledge.

Latest posts