how to know what was the interior combination in your westy?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fikat

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Pre68
Van Type
t2
Hello guys
i just got a 1970 Westfalia Campmobile. according to mplate..

1768878.png

1761115.jpg

now, as my car came empty shell, no interior, how can i know what it was like inside?

i see no holes in the floor for sink pipe or any other thing like fridge, no hole in the floor for the table support leg, but has the metal bar for the table mount on the side panel under the window..
also, behind the driver's walk thru panel there are no fixtures, holes or bolts for a back-to back seat.

the roofing is in plywood and the pop-top is original to the car including the curved one in the back at the rear hatch.
p.s. i know the nose was hit and replaced with a B type back in the days, i think because of the spare front mount damage.

It should be the standard Westy layout, they were all pretty much the same. Side rear wardrobe/cupboard, 3/4 rock n roll bed, overhead shelf. Buddy seat and sink/cooler.
The table floor mount screwed to the flooring, not the actual (metal) floor. The back to back buddy seat mounts to the floor too, not the bulkhead. Odd that there is no floor holes for the sink, a 70 should have the stainless steel sink top with floor exit for drain pipes.

Latest posts