VW Status

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tezzah

Reaction score
I ordered goods from them and paid for delivery by courier.

2 of the 3 items arrived, by post???

1 item hasn't turned up and when contacted they said they'd put it in the post and I would get it on Monday (last Monday).

It didn't turn up, they haven't responded to any further emails about it.

2 weeks later no sign of part of my order or any contact from them explaining what's happened.

No point messing with these guys, i've issued proceedings in the small claims court.

Absolute rubbish - do not use them. :evil:

I saw a thread on here a few weeks ago saying the same things about Status so I decided not to use them.

Apparently, the seals that C&C sell are from the same supplier as Status so I ordered from them. Fantastic service, seal arrived the next day and a great fit.

Yep, gonna stick to c&c next time. I only ordered the part as I needed sone other bits. Oh well you live and learn. Sadly it'll cost them an extra £25 in court fees now as well as the refund, hey ho.

Its a real shame because Barclay is a real nice fella but it seems he is not on the ball lately, I had to wait a few months for a replacement part as the first one was damaged and it came from Heritage in the end.

I think he must be inundated with orders or he is losing the plot, he is certainly losing the good name of his company :( I think I am right that its just him and his Mum running it, maybe its time to employ someone else?

I think someone should have a friendly word with him as he may not know the feelings of his customers... well he probably will after a court summons, but who knows what else is going on in his life, I know the robbery knocked him back a fair bit and there was a lot of support for him after that.

It would be a shame to see another independant company go to the wall so the big boys like JK and Heritage can continue to set the prices for everything

We know though that he had a break in and all his stock nicked last year!!

Terrible luck for a small business and hard to pick yourself up after that I guess.

I hope they get themselves sorted in the end as you could argue that it's not their fault....

its a shame because they used to have a good reputation.VERY hard to get that back,thats why some company's fold & open under another name.

Thats a damned shame pity it couldnt have been sorted more amicably, he really did have a strong reputation maybe hes finding it harder to restock than anyones expected after loosing it all, when your on a downward spiral into oblivion it is a bitch to halt it and turn it around......

I dont want to pull the thread so please guys keep your comments factual and as clean/polite as you can

Have used them in the past, very helpful on the phone.

Know how it feels to run a small business almost independently, it is tough especially when you're competing against the big boys. Trying to recover from losing stock is an added dilemma.

why not give him a call and ask him how things are at the business end, you never know he could be really polite and have a valid reason for not delivering on time...

LOL, what can I do though, tried emailing, tried calling, nothing. I am not flush with money and in the time they have messed me about I could have used that money for the part I needed, now i've got to wait a bit to get the money together for the missing part. They are a business and should act like one. I don't want to see them go under, i just want my money back something which they have failed to give nearly 2 weeks later. :(

Ive never had any major issue with them, one or twice things have taken a bit longer to come in the post. Quality was always good compared to some other suppliers I used.
Ive had a far wore experience with some other reputable suppliers on the scene, shit quality wrong parts sent etc.

He was hard work before the break in. I use C&C now

I've lost money through him, ordered some rear lens covers and he sent me the late ones. Saw him at a show and tried to get a refund as i went and ordered the right ones from C&C as they had them in stock. Would only give me a credit but i've not needed anything and it doesn't look like i'm gonna get it now!

It's a real shame, you try to help the small dealers and keep the 'dream' alive but sadly the after sales bit doesn't work. I've still not heard anything from them. :cry:

after waiting 3 months for my volksworld order to be fully completed, ive had to send back my deluxe side window rubbers as they wouldnt fit, called barclay today ( sent them back last week ) and a refund should be put on my card in a few days. reordered rubbers from c&c and they came next day. They know the websites down, but i got thru to status on the phone no trouble today.

real nice peeps, but def going thru tough times at the mo, my business is with c&c until/if they get their act together, real shame, as like many i thought i would spend my dosh with the little guys and support them, rather than the bigger suppliers.

similar story, ordered bits, they sent me the wrong ones, returned them at my cost and have never seen the right one, he does a good line in ignoring you after a while, seems to be a friendly bloke with lots of m8's that will speak up for him, doesn't make for good business though.

I made a bee-line for Status at Vanfest to get the rubber seals I needed - Ive always bought from them at shows and have been impressed.

I asked for a set of deluxe window seals - 'no problem' he said, ' we have them in stock and will post them to you', I wanted the stuff to take away though. I also wanted a set of cab door scrapers ... I bought they're only set at lunchtime on Friday ... I then bought all the other seals I wanted from C and C and took them away in a bag, like you want to do at a show.

Its odd that at Vanfest, such a premier public trade event, they are hoping to take mail order for items that other traders have in plentifull supply, as such the Status tent was very quiet all weekend.

Im glad I did some business with them, as I hope they survive whatever is going on, but it was seeming an odd way to do business as things stand.

I saw Barclay early Saturday morning as he was opening up and he looked worried as I approached with a large box in my hands.
I mentioned the poor customer service and lack of communication, he apologized yet again, and as I was leaving was getting a right earful from a rather more unhappy and verbal customer......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts