• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

VW Motent for sale - immaculate condition

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karenr6

Reaction score
Hi
I've got an original VW Motent for sale. It's in near new condition, the canvas has no rips, holes or wear and it still a lovely bright orange - no faded two tone when you lift the screen on the mesh window. All windows, zips and guys are present and in perfect working condition. I've colour coded the poles with tape so it's easy to put up, having not put one of these up for nearly a decade it took me about half an hour to put up in my garden AND pack away again to take the photos. It's in the original Motent bags and still has an original spare tent peg elastic with it. Comes with curtains and a black (not yellow) groundsheet as well as the gutter rails. The blue skirt has no tears or rips. Happy for any prospective purchaser to view and put up in the garden before buying. I had two of these when I had my camper and this one was only used occasionally when I wanted a second awning for longer holidays with my family. I suspect the tent pegs are original as they're somewhat flimsy and if I were using this to camp I'd be taking some new ones instead. This awning is for a RHD camper and can be viewed / collected from Bromley in Kent / SE London. It's hard to believe that this awning is around 40 years old - the only give away is the 1970's bright orange colour and the 1970's curtains! This needs to find a nice camper to live with whose owner will take good care of it for the next 40 years :)

I do have photos but am getting a message saying that the board attachment quota has been reached when I try to upload them so will try to add these later. Please PM me with your email address if you'd like them emailed to you.

Hi, silly me I forgot to put the price on when I got flustered about not being able to post the photos. Looking for £250ono and happy for anyone to view, put up and go over with a fine toothcomb first. Best wishes, Karen

Latest posts