urgent help!!!!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirksta01

Reaction score
bit of diagnostics for u if u can please guys ... ok so the problem that i was having with my bus is when i planted my foot down it would hesitate under load and there is a lack of power also when i hit the slightest hill now iv changed the dizzy iv got the 009 on it from gsf and iv got powersparks dizzy also here with me with elec ignt but that just seems to pop and bck fire when timed up ,replaced fuel pump filter and lines ,new coil,and obv new dizzy ,set the valve clearences and what not pretty much done everything now on the way down to pod weekend it was running a little flat i was doing 60 65 max down to pod and when i came off at woolaston it didnt want to know it had no power what so ever and was back firing if i planted my foot in first it nearly cut out ..now on the way home it was so bad it still had no power what so ever it back fired in everygear under load and i had to kill each gear to get up to motorway speed and when i hit a slight hill or put my foot down in 4th doing 50 ,60 mph it just bckfired all the way up the motorway and now it sounds fucked the engine when i turn it over sounds dead ..could really do with sum ideas as iv ran out of ideas and all the shows are comming up and it sounds fckd any ideas as iv checked for vaccume leaks and what not ? cheers guys

Checked the carb/s. Jets might need a good clean and tune. Fuel to air mix needs adjusting. Fuel filters should tell the story if your fuel is particularly dirty.

Last time I experienced loss of power and backfiring a good clean worked for me. Just another thing you might want to check.

yeah cheers dude iv had the carb cleaned see it was working fine apart from the flat spots before i went away at weekend and now the drive there and bck really seems to have stirred something up and i havnt a clue where to start as iv just changed all new parts trying to sort the old problem out

Fuel mix might still need proper adjusting. Backfiring is a clear sign of bad mix. Give it a go.

yeah the mixture has been set on the emissions at my mates garage like i say it was running fine before i went to santa pod at weekend apart from the flat spot but when i got down there the engine just didnt want to know and not sure about the exhaust dude not that up on it yet this is my learning curve so u can imagine how stressed i am lol

When you set mixture on emisson thats only at idle,sounds like its running to lean on load ,common fault withh 009 cos it advances the ign quicker,do a compression check .sounds like its been over heated and its likley to have burnt a valve and/or started to melt a piston.but then it could just be set up wrong :msn4:

ok dude thanks i shall give these a try how can i diagnose if its burnt a valve or melted a piston ? like i say pretty new to getting involved with engine work cheers