Tried to get my FREE road tax over the weekend...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_troupster

Reaction score
And the dude at the PostOffice wanted me to pay £220! Screw that!...

It transpires that my V5 doc still has the van marked as Private/Light Goods (PLG) in its taxation bracket.

I need to take my docs to my local DVLA office to get the V5 changed to Historic Vehicle. Then. I'll be able to get some HV Tax...

But why would the V5 be like this? All I can think of is that someone's being paying for the tax, or the V5 was changed (incorrectly) when I bought the van 2 years ago, or no one has tried to tax it since it qualified for free tax! Which by my figuring was at least 15 years ago? Has it really been off the road that long? Crumbs, I have done well with this restoration in just 2 years. What had it being doing for the previous 13 years? :?

Anyway, I thought I would just post in case anyone comes across a simialar situation in the future. 8)

Jim

All taxed up and road legal now. Got to wait for a new V5 to be posted out from Swansea though. An ideal time to change the colour on the V5 too.

I'm now currently sat out in the van screwing my custom interior together, avoiding the rain. Beats a tent, that's for sure! :lol:

Jim

Latest posts