The life span of bus ownership ..

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alex VW Heritage said:
Been There for sure,

But I find the sell comes during a period off the road and within 10 mins of driving again I always change my mind!

Totally with Alex on this, got my bus in 2008 when I was 18, i'm now 27 and still have it. However it is now off the road for some major work and I doubt its gonna out till at least may. I know its gonna cost me a lot of time and money to get it sorted but it will be worth every hour and every penny.

No doubt the 'sell' mindset will make a brief appearance :lol:

I think my bus must be the most Ebay scammed bus ever.

I imported it over 5 years ago and spent a lot of time and money getting it almost right. Still needs more of both needed, but that's just me.
The urge to sell and move on comes and goes every so often, but I'm sure that if I did I would be truly gutted.

Drive it, Enjoy it.. 8)

I'm going through the save the old girl process which is currently underway. My choice to repair/restore was based on both my love for bus lifestyle and the grandkids sad faces on being told we couldn't use the VW to go to the beach/hillsides/valleys/picnics due to her needing TLC and a complete rebuild. Kids don't understand that concept when really young. We all have truly special times from our past that stick out in memories as euphoric. The bus belonged to a few times of those happy states. OK, it's costing a lot of money, and quite a few hardships, but once it's up and running, they'll be forgotten. Goodreads had a quote which made me think at the time I was thinking 'fix or sell?' It made me think if I sold, it would have been for the best reasons. At the time, the best reason was to persevere and now I'm looking forward to seeing ourselves back on the road again.

"Life is short. Focus on what really matters most. You have to change your priorities over time". Roy Bennet. The Light in the Heart.

I've had mine since 2006. Soon it'll be taking me around Spain, for a second time. I've never thought of getting rid.

Use it and enjoy it is what I do :)

Latest posts