The Late Bay Forum

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And? You know the rules you can’t leave me sitting here in my suspenders, how did you get on with the DVLA

:shock: :shock:

Suss said:
And? You know the rules you can’t leave me sitting here in my suspenders, how did you get on with the DVLA

:shock: :shock:
Is Bazza still sending you them photo's? :roll:

Bazzaworld said:
Stirlingmoz said:
Just reactivated my 'Earlybay.com' account.

Hope TLB gets sorted soon.

Missing my TLB fix.

Don't want to bore the members on here with my ongoing battle with DVLA.

Was on the phone over an hour to them this morning.
And? You know the rules you can’t leave it like that, how did you get on with the DVLA

Stirlingmoz
Stirlingmoz said:

Missing my TLB fix.

Stirlingmoz
And? You know the rules you can’t leave us in suspenders, how did you get on with the DVLA

I managed to persuade Surrey Police to send me an email confirming they haven’t heard anything from DVLA regarding inspecting my crewcab.

DVLA said they’ve sent a letter and don’t follow them up.

A second phone call to DVLA this morning and I finally managed to get them to see that this situation is going nowhere fast.

DVLA agreed to send another letter (but probably not this week - they’re busy).

They still won’t tell me what the issue is so I can only guess.

I think it must be something to do with the South African documentation and whether it actually matches my vehicle - or not.

This V55/5 application has been going on since February but I’m determined to keep the pressure on.

I know DVLA have a job to do - I wouldn’t want my vehicle stolen and reregisteted - but there’s no excuse for bureaucratic tardiness.

Stirlingmoz

8df8b2697a08189433947c7236df9cd2.jpg

Sounds like they're waiting for the previous carrier pigeon to return

Looks like the hosting for latebay.com hasn't been paid or something like that.

Maybe we could get it all redirected to latebay.co.uk

@terrordales how do we do that?

Stirlingmoz said:
Bazzaworld said:
Stirlingmoz said:

Missing my TLB fix.

And? You know the rules you can’t leave it like that, how did you get on with the DVLA

Stirlingmoz
Stirlingmoz said:

Missing my TLB fix.

Stirlingmoz
And? You know the rules you can’t leave us in suspenders, how did you get on with the DVLA

I managed to persuade Surrey Police to send me an email confirming they haven’t heard anything from DVLA regarding inspecting my crewcab.

DVLA said they’ve sent a letter and don’t follow them up.

A second phone call to DVLA this morning and I finally managed to get them to see that this situation is going nowhere fast.

DVLA agreed to send another letter (but probably not this week - they’re busy).

They still won’t tell me what the issue is so I can only guess.

I think it must be something to do with the South African documentation and whether it actually matches my vehicle - or not.

This V55/5 application has been going on since February but I’m determined to keep the pressure on.

I know DVLA have a job to do - I wouldn’t want my vehicle stolen and reregisteted - but there’s no excuse for bureaucratic tardiness.

Stirlingmoz

8df8b2697a08189433947c7236df9cd2.jpg
What a nightmare I hope it gets sorted soon

It does seem to be taking rather a long time to get the forum back on, I hope it does return :?:

Bazzaworld said:
It does seem to be taking rather a long time to get the forum back on, I hope it does return :?:

There will be an uproar if it doesn’t, lots of people have put a lot of effort into making the forum what it was..it would let everyone down if TLB didn’t return.

The admin who care.
Lol.
As much as it still smarts I got banned/resigned/witchhunted I wouldn't want it to disappear but if you're all honest it's had it's best. When Pete and the original admin and mods ran it and knew their members it was ace, now it trundles on like an old leaky van......
Haha irony.

Sent from my SM-J330F using Tapatalk

rickyrooo1 said:
The admin who care.
Lol.
As much as it still smarts I got banned/resigned/witchhunted I wouldn't want it to disappear but if you're all honest it's had it's best. When Pete and the original admin and mods ran it and knew their members it was ace, now it trundles on like an old leaky van......
Haha irony.

Sounds a bit like me then Rick, past my best and a bit leaky lol

Aint we all son.
Anyway the good thing about the outage is i've spoken to a few old mates so every cloud and all that

rickyrooo1 said:
Aint we all son.
Anyway the good thing about the outage is i've spoken to a few old mates so every cloud and all that

James Ley among them?
No joy yet on contacting him via thelatebay FB admin .....
Cheers :)

Dub and Bubber said:
rickyrooo1 said:
Aint we all son.

James Ley among them?

hes just posted on facebook, pm me your number ill get him to give you a call

davidoft said:
Dub and Bubber said:
rickyrooo1 said:
Aint we all son.

James Ley among them?

Thanks ... I'll try replying to his post first and if that goes pear shaped I'll pm you ... Planning a trip down your way (and Jim's) first week in July but the boss is not into meeting VW nuts along the way! Tsk!

davidoft said:
Dub and Bubber said:
rickyrooo1 said:
Aint we all son.

James Ley among them?

Have you sent that wheel carrier yet?

MarkC68 said:
Bazzaworld said:

There will be an uproar if it doesn’t, lots of people have put a lot of effort into making the forum what it was..it would let everyone down if TLB didn’t return.
yes I would assume there are a lot of members out there that are probably thinking it’s gone . Not all know of other places to look like here or have Facebook . They may well have problems with privacy’s as the do by date has passed ? Trouble with running something when you don’t have the experts at hand huh .🤡🤓
Thanks again earlybay 👍

Flintstone said:
MarkC68 said:
Bazzaworld said:

yes I would assume there are a lot of members out there that are probably thinking it’s gone . Not all know of other places to look like here or have Facebook . They may well have problems with privacy’s as the do by date has passed ? Trouble with running something when you don’t have the experts at hand huh .🤡🤓
Thanks again earlybay 👍

I know Hailfrank rarely comes on the forum these days (neither does Horts) which kind of leaves it being looked after by the others & with no support IT wise, the forum now suffers.

Earlybay have been great in looking after us - as you say, thanks to them! :D

Latest posts