Starter Motor wiring problem

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harry UK

Reaction score
Whilst swapping out my gearbox the ring spade connector on the starter motor from the battery snapped.

Does anyone know the ring spade connector size?
Is it possible to buy battery to starter motor cable ready made?

I'm been at work last few weeks but home soon and would like to get this sorted at test new(ish) gearbox.

Merry Xmas everyone!

Hi, I use these guys for electrical connections - should be something you can repair easy enough.

http://www.thetoolboxshop.com/auto-electrical-113-c.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

they have a great crimping tool that you can put in a vice too. As for the size - just measure the copper cable then give these guys a call and they'll sort you out.

YES those cables can be purchased from most aftermarket co"s. also ,your local? Halfords should have them the one local to me makes them up another suggestion/option >go to local private owned garage ,take cable speak nicely and i bet foreman will repair the one you got for "a drink" or maybe even no charge

Thanks fella's! Took a punt on some cable and pack of terminals, I can then make up cable in comfort of workshop and install when I have time. Think new cable is gonna be a bit bigger..which is surely a good thing. I'll throw in a relay for ignition while I'm there.

Please dont think i am being "smart" BUT !, when you deviate from spec elecs , its advisable to have a good/educated electrical reason , that comment you made " cable be a bit thicker" well, that means electrons will encounter a diff. in/from standard set up resistance to flow, which means system has been made "unbalanced> and trust me on this one , that may "bite you in/on the bum" in days to come.>old guy that i am , only "unbalance " a system if it makes sense , and of all sub systems on a vehicle , the elecs is the one you may wish to pay particular attention too, only my advice my friend ,me? i"d lay out for the spec cable. hope this helps ,best wishes

Latest posts