Spring Valley Bus meets Corvair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow - looking good - nice engine!!

Like the exhaust too ;)

You wouldn`t even know it was in there apart from that smooth flat 6 tone :mrgreen:

Mike

well done was wondering when you were going to let the cat out of the bag on this.
nice looking exhaust system,
never put mine on rolling road so dont know what it will do but as for ease of use its brilliant,
loads of low down grunt and power if you need it (but most of the time i just potter around)
havnt even changed the points on mine yet from when it was parked up in 94ish lol,
not touched the tappets since putting engine back in 3 years ago,
and i just think they sound cool,
also pleanty of heat to origional bus system with a bit of manufacturing if you need it,
will have to try to get them together to compair notes.

enjoy it (and be prepaired to talk to loads more people when at shows lol)

Thanks guys, I like to keep things moving forward, gives me something to chat about all summer

Here are the subtle pipes

ed0a2e6e8ef087e2a7b4e2fff6ec09e3_zpsfc176b34.jpg

if you dont mind me asking how much did the exhaust system set you back as probably need to replace mine sometime in the future (and yours looks a great set up) and dont know if having the silencer tips on mine might restrict flow as your outlets look a lot larger

dodge6x6 said:
if you dont mind me asking how much did the exhaust system set you back as probably need to replace mine sometime in the future (and yours looks a great set up) and dont know if having the silencer tips on mine might restrict flow as your outlets look a lot larger

Its a 40mm system and set me back £500, quite a chunk of the cost of the engine actually, well pleased tho

mike.s said:
Wow - looking good - nice engine!!

Like the exhaust too ;)

You wouldn`t even know it was in there apart from that smooth flat 6 tone :mrgreen:

Mike

Moved it out the garage Sunday and have to say the sound made me smile. Cheers mate 8)

Nugsy said:
Nice work Justin, did wonder what new toys you would come up with for this season.

Haha cheers bud, it came out the blue actually, the bus was not to be worked on as the Squareback & house WAS priority :msn4:

Been putting miles on the bus and so far no hickups 8)
I do get a slight misfire on a right corner under load where the float level in one I the carbs must be set to low, but I won't worry about that as I'm working on some weber manifolds for the future.

Wet weekend in Leominster, great site with fantastic views over the Herefordshire countryside. Lots of cider consumed 8)

Two VWs, and not a aircooled flat 4 between us :lol: