Spring Valley Bus meets Corvair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Valentine Won said:
The wifes quite keen on the castle retro show mate so let me know if you get any tkts and we will tag along :shock:

Yea ok ill let you know, it will be weather dependant........

Thanks to Tim for sorting out the replacement Tacho, this Sunpro is quality, through the packaging it looked like the usual chromed plastic from China, but wait, no, its actual metal! sits on the dash nicely, just need to wire it up..........

null_zpsd7841553.jpg

........and relax......

Yea its asce Gaz, turns out the supply cable to the tacho from the coil that I wired up got cut somehow :? Im guessing a mistake when the spring plates were fitted :?: So a new cable installed and its up and running again.............I missed my tach!

creationblue said:
Yea its asce Gaz, turns out the supply cable to the tacho from the coil that I wired up got cut somehow :? Im guessing a mistake when the spring plates were fitted :?: So a new cable installed and its up and running again.............I missed my tach!

Prep for the turbo hey?! ;)

Buddy box looks great - much more useful than the westy stool I've got :roll:

When I got the Berlin interior it came with a cover for the electrics under the RnR bed, I have been meaning to modify it to cover the Zig and protect it.

null_zpsa5ee1234.jpg

null_zps5cdd1b1e.jpg

Looking good 8)

Hold on.......

........another little mod :lol:

null_zps86e8fff1.jpg

myvanway 69 said:
Tidy that. 8)
do you still use it for storage?

I kind of put stuff in their that is not needed often, I've always found getting stuff out a right PITA so try not to use it, obviously when the heaters in use I make sure nothing is touching the surface of the Propex

I machine polished the paint with G3 this afternoon & the poptop, came up a bloody treat :D got some OG paint come thru in parts and I'm liking it.

null_zpsbb8c3f44.jpg

Then waxed it using the drill attachment on v slow speed, if my bus had slab straight sides it would look fantastic haha

creationblue said:
I machine polished the paint with G3 this afternoon & the poptop, came up a bloody treat :D got some OG paint come thru in parts and I'm liking it.

null_zpsbb8c3f44.jpg

Then waxed it using the drill attachment on v slow speed, if my bus had slab straight sides it would look fantastic haha

It (Your Bus) always looks sweet Justin, but how do you get away with them plates!!! Thinking with that M3 & Pickup aswell you is GANGSTA!!! 8)
:lol:

:lol: @ Gangsta! It's the only way I can afford to run a bus!

As for the bus it does always look clean but it's been a little rough round the edges due to me being lazy really, so given it a good going over lately (about time after nearly 6 years!).

Not sure about the plates, never been stopped, think the Fuzz got more pressing issues round here mate 8)

Rear banging issues:

Ok well thanks to Wig & Nick looks like we have sorted out my issues today. There turned out to be a few places that the bump stop cups rubbed on the chassis, notice the half moon shaped where contact was being made

null_zps7fbc9dea.jpg

null_zpsea96891e.jpg

On the other side

null_zps11297842.jpg

So wig modified the offending areas

null_zpsb5ac4f87.jpg

null_zps13d22dcb.jpg

null_zps38c4e49e.jpg

We marked the shock and it was working on its last 25mm of travel and bottoming out, so that was the cause of the banging. So I need to get some short shocks with 360mm (14") in the middle of the travel.

Took the shock off and went for a drive

null_zps74c69108.jpg

Still banged on the otherside, then we recreated it in the lift just to be sure

So Looking here http://www.machine7.com/section.php?xSec=2847" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Im gonna get the 304.200.80 which is 300mm compressed 455mm extended, unless anyone else knows of anything better/cheaper........

Latest posts