Splify 67 built uk panel resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep the pictures and post coming mate I love seeing them. Such a cool build

will do when my phone will download to computer , made the overhead rear unit and fitted it this morning. Started to do the worktop /pull out (swivel from under worktop) table. Have the ply for roof ,the J sections fitted, waxoiled the header rail and inner edge of roof. Made a mess as the spray hiccupped and blasted some big lumps and splattered everything including me!!! Need to order sink and going to caravan shop to see what sort of LED strip light they have.

got the phone to work so the plot so far----- over head locker fitted, base units made. today I made the twist out table (well I do like to be trick!!) that pivots out from under the worktop.
q1OUnxJ.jpg
ipHtA5R.jpg
w4ZwJvM.jpg[/img]

just a cubby hole TBH more to tidy rear of roof and fit a light . Got some strip LED lights today so next job is run some wires before roof panels go up. Saying that I have to cut them and then paint first. Ordered sink as well but need to fit side panel before worktop can go on, in fact need to make rear cupboard and unit along side R&R bed as well. Still have time before weather gets warm enough to start on bodywork again. (my phone takes crap pics )

Where does the time go, long over due update. front brakes and drop spindles fitted, the adaptors work a treat . roof liner fitted to rear, just need to make front bit . Welded the side vent today and managed to keep distortion down so it just needs skim of filler, couple of mm at worst. Low on funds and need more ply to build rear side cupboard /spare wheel store. Any ways some pics ------
lXA7CMy.jpg
--
GVkAG5r.jpg
zVJsCGU.jpg
0lAFAdi.jpg

Have been getting on with interior , work top now fitted and slide out towel rail !!! made . Need some more ply but will have to wait till I get paid as running out of wedge. Now its warmed up can get on with filler work , dusty on

Week holiday so 4 or 5 days on the bus, Need a big tub of filler but first reckon I need to spend a day sorting out the unit. Have to move and cover stuff to keep filler dust off!!! Waiting for servo to come back in stock and need to upgrade rear brakes some how. Race car up for sale to fund paint and things (1776 and 2l gearbox) but the drag race car markets shit

nearly finished cupboard units on r/h side, catches, knobs, tap
ZUdKLO3.jpg
and splash back to buy first.
G904Yzm.jpg
Zz1xDwu.jpg

Managed to do a bit more, oak trim going on . Hoping to have 2 weeks off in August to finish body work and paint.

Well dear listeners back on it with 2 weeks hols and attempting to paint, yes spent £600 on paint and materials !!!!!! still have a "little " bit of welding to do , engine lid n/s shut 1/4 panel . TBH a new corner would be better but cant afford it. After the welding the sanding starts, need to fit doors as well--------------

well don't think it will be painted in this 2 week hols , just spent an afternoon getting the tail gate to fit. Looks like something moved during welding? as its tight left upper to right lower corner, improvised body jack has helped (bottle jack and some 1in box ) but had to trim top left corner of tail gate to get shut line . side door fits fine but sill runs up so more fettling and n/s cab door fits ok but needed a thin spacer in bottom hinge. now how come as A and B posts lined up perfect with the cut section. Just hope the drivers door fits OK . Got some SUPER bright LED strip lights , expensive but worth it so should be able to see any marks in filler now.

Well have 2 days of my 2 week hols left , spent 8 days filling rubbing filling rubbing filling rubbing, still rubbing------ not going to be ready for paint (damn) will try and primer the bare panels but recon I needed a month to get it right , still not fitted drivers door but should get a hand tomorrow. Getting the side moulding right is doing my head in

Just about got side moulding done (PIA) , front panel left to do then DA the panels still in paint. Striped n/s door down and found the normal small spring broken in lock mech . Must make a list for Busfest, trim clips, seals . need a drivers side door glass as the one I got to replace smashed one has score marks , kick panels, door cards (blank ones and transfer OG covering?) and find out about engine and gearbox.

Stripped the doors and sorted out the locks so I can take them with me to get made into single key set, made a list ready for next weekend

Got some bits today , 1/4 light frames , lock set, window scrapers WTF nobody doing blank door cards, everyone sold out of kick panels. Gave up in the end but nothing I need urgently.

So bought myself a Velcro sanding kit , best £42 I have spent and wish I had got it sooner as the long bed sander is great for flat panels and getting the side moulding right, small block and shaped block take the DA pads. nearly got front panel done today (day off) and should get it finished by Sun . Decided to weld cab door as seal edge is rusted away , that's another Sun job if my eye is better (recurring "infection")

67panel said:
Got some bits today , 1/4 light frames , lock set, window scrapers WTF nobody doing blank door cards, everyone sold out of kick panels. Gave up in the end but nothing I need urgently.

Great progress, any more pics?

Have you tried Just Kampers? Just got 2 door cards from them (well it was 11th Sept), back in July bought the kick panels from JK also.

Latest posts