south african impo

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter.D

Reaction score
looking at an early bay tomorrow, a south african import.has anyone had any issues with an import they would like to share before I buy?

Hi, I actually bought and imported my 71 microbus last October from a private seller in Capetown. I think I must of struck really lucky because the vehicle itself is superb and the whole process was so easy helped by a lot of work his end. It was even delivered to my door! A couple of things perhaps to note are check whether or not it is undersealed probably worth getting done sooner rather than later if not as will soon deteriorate. From what I can make out they struggle to get the supply of spares that we are so spoilt with here I had some very strange door seals and some other bits and pieces but nothing serious. Also just check what ID numbers it comes over on mine didn't come in on the chassis number although clearly visible the number they used wasn't unique to the vehicle so took three attempts to get it registered, so long as you use the number it came over on no problem to get plates. All in all a great experience and for me a fantastic rust free unwelded early bay yee ha!
Please don't hesitate to contact with any other information required and good luck.

Latest posts