• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Slammed 68 pick up

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krusty

Reaction score
Ok, so this has been a massive decision that Im still not 100 % sure if Im doing the right thing but here goes......

For sale is my 1968 Early bay single cab pick up truck called Krusty.
Im looking for a change in bus and so have decided to put Krusty up for sale.
He originally came from Sweden and has been the uk for about 4-5 years. Tax exempt and a full mot ticket.

Since I have owned him he has had a new floor and new bed, recondition 1600 sp engine with a petronics electric distributer.
The engine runs perfect and has never let me down.

He has been lowered professionally at type 2 detectives 2 years ago who have done the following;
Rear Large chassis notches ( Matt balls ones )
Adjustable spring plates
Front chassis notches
Front Tubs
New 4" narrowed and adjustable type 2 detectives beam
All new shocks
New track rods etc.
The rear engine bar has been shaved so it doesn't catch.

The truck drives great and doesn't rub at all.
Has drum brakes all round which run perfect, had a new master cylinder not long ago.

The steering box has the usual play in it but is not too bad, the mot inspector said it was no worse than any other bus he tests.
Has the original seats but also includes some very good condition TMI seat covers.
Every thing works as it should, lights, windscreen wipers, dash, engine etc.
2 years ago I had the front and rear glass out and there is no rust at all under the seals.
He has a cd player with usb connection, amp, sub and speakers.

I have had a custom made canvas for him which fits lovely and is water tight, we slide a full size double matress in the back and go camping which is great fun and very comfy, we slept in the truck in Ninove, belgium and kept very warm.
I have loads of pictures so if you want any thing specific let me know.

He has made to loads of vw shows and camping trips in the last few years including the Ninove trip in Belgium and has never ever let me down.
As for price I am unsure of his true value, I have spent thousands on getting him to how he is today, But I think he is worth £7500 - £8000.
How ever you might think i am being crazy so please make offers if you are interested, I can only say no, the only kind of part ex I am interested in is a pre 1970 bus ideally a panel van but try me, I have money to spend, must be solid but don't mind a small project.
You can call me on 07921213212 any time.
I would defiantly recommend viewing the bus. The truck is defiantly a rat style bus and does have knocks and dents. I am really upset to have to advertise it but I really could do with a bus more suited to our needs.
I'l let the pictures do the talking.
P1020106.jpg

252306_10151026480959468_1951932127_n.jpg

P1010474.jpg

5d2dcfa3.jpg

7f7842a6.jpg

P1010097.jpg

P1030071.jpg

under the new bed;
P1020607.jpg

66efafd5.jpg

I would just like to add that it has had brand new rubber seals from custom & commercial all round.
You really can buy and drive this truck, you wouldn't have to spend a penny on it, just fill it with fuel and away you go.

It also has all the 68 only bits like the one year only rear view mirror, indicator stalk etc. Its also rocking a 68 delux dash clock, banjo steering wheel and Geneberg shifter.
If the price seems a bit high I am more than happy to put the standard steering wheel and the
old empi shifter back on to save some £'s.

P1030091.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts