Sealed Halogen Headlight and sidelights?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spacebiscuit

Reaction score
I am wiring the headlight on my bus with a sealed halogen bulb. As it is selaed there are no bulbs to be remove d- just 3 terminals on the back for the ground, main beam and the gull beam. So it seems that I do not have any low or dipped beam? The new loom that I am using has provisions for a parking/city light but where would this go in my case with a sealed beam as there simply isn't a place for one.

Is the low beam/side light an MOT requirement? My bus has been off the road for 13 years and I am resotring it after gutting the cab so can't be sure if I ever had or knew if i have a low/dippe dbeam.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Hi SB
If you have a 3 pin sealed bean unit, then you have the high beam terminal, the low beam terminal and a shared earth for both. There should be a small hole in the reflector coating (not in the glass) on the inside of the unit for the side light bulb light to shine through the glass from the outside of the unit.
Looking at the rear of the sealed beam unit, the 3 pins are (from left to right going clockwise) earth brown cable, Low beam Yellow or Yellow Black cable, High Beam White or White Black.
Peter Good

Thank you Peter - good to know. I will take a closer look at the sealed beam unit for the the bulb place holder.

Latest posts