red9 replacement bump stops?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westy68

Reaction score
hello as u do iv had my bus droped as far as poss with out doing any major damage its on a standard beam with ajusters.. iv had the bump stops cut back but not off as i was told that it could cause the ball joints to rip out..but the slightest bump and ya fillings have been knocked out.. i was thinking about the red9 bump stops?? is anyone using them and do they make much difference?

cheers Dan :roll:

Im running red 9 bump stops with coil over shocks, the bump stops are a replacement for the originals and are intended as a safe guard, basically any lower than 3" and your gonna make the ride nasty how low have you dropped ?

5 inch on the front matey.. it cant go anylower due to ball joints at an angle as it is.. mot man didnt like it so been looking for a cheep way out but from what iv been told k&l pin or dropped spindles are the only way forward.. with that in mind i guess il have to rase it and bring the back up a spline.. (from 2 to 1).. and rase the front to match whitch should give me about a 3 inch drop..ish?

K+L is the best for ride quality -PM me if you want a K+L conversion, bought all the parts from VW and they are sat in the garage gathering dust

Araon said:
R9 Wishbone?

Still waiting for test drive Araon........... Had a visit from Si r9d the other week and he came in his bloody new beetle lol :x , desperate for my test drive of the r9d eb with wishbone suspension 8)

thats all well and good fella but 1500 sheets pays the morgage for 2 months.. would love a set of dropped spindles but for 650 exchange.. tall order at the mo. thanks anyway.

Latest posts