radio ariel question..

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irish gerry

Reaction score
hey guys

silly question time again

when i got my body work done i got the ariel removed from the front panel, so was thinking of just putting a ariel inside the cab under the dash or there abouts.
would this work?? would i pick up stations if the ariel was not out side the van?

Loads of internal ariel options and yes you will get a good reception.

you can get one that doubles up as a tax disc holder but can't remember where from though.

I connected my arial to the radio then dropped it down the bottom of the front panel :D Picked up stations ok..
Andy

im fitting a Rover 620 retracting aerial on the swage line, fits well and pops up and down when you power the radio :wink:

I tried an internal aerial and it was completely pants tbh, so much so i've just refitted an external again.

I just fitted a pretty bog standard stainless aeriel on the top of the bulge just below the windscreen, there is just about room at each corner but its a right fiddle and i would'nt start cutting unless you are very confident with a tape measure.

Regards martyn

Johnny said:
im fitting a Rover 620 retracting aerial on the swage line, fits well and pops up and down when you power the radio :wink:
Interesting Johnny, might look for one of those next time I'm in the scrappy. you fitting it under the windscreen, on the swage line then?

on the swage line yes, the position on the rear slope of the wing on the rover matches the slope on the swage.

I have an arial mounted behind the passenger seat and extends up to the roof if needed. You cant see it atall unless extended at works like a charm. Got rid of it from the outside of the van as it kept getting removed by little chav kids :evil:

Latest posts