Push button start

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejinx

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to change my ignition barrel last year. Massive faff. It’s not been the same since. Barrel pops out now and again plus I have to turn the key in one go. Ignition switch is also probably on the way out. I’m thinking of a push button start with a cut off key somewhere. has anyone done this? Cheers all

So long as it still goes through a relay ala Hot Start Relay then it should be fine. I’ve got similar for my horn but it does p cheese me off and I’m gonna fix it ,,,, one day,,,, one day soon.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,my list is long ,,,, and the more I do the longer it gets . :)

I had to change my ignition barrel last year. Massive faff. It’s not been the same since. Barrel pops out now and again plus I have to turn the key in one go. Ignition switch is also probably on the way out. I’m thinking of a push button start with a cut off key somewhere. has anyone done this? Cheers all
hi jinx
my push start button has been fine for years without a h/s relay, but i still use the key in the barrel for ignition

Personally I'd fix the issue with the ignition barrel.
i assume you mean the ’key’ barrel…. I think it’s likely that even with a push button that your going to have problems with the barrel until you’ve taken it apart and put it back together again. A relay will save your plastic switch that sits behind the barrel. graphite powder is the thing for lubricating key locks too. It’s a pita of a job, but really happy I made mine work (I had to get a second hand other barrel bit that sits against the colum to make mine work proper)

Latest posts