Progress Pics - Dormobile X-Over

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

After getting the engine working thought it best to start on the foot pedal and linkage.
I bought a replacement but decided to go for a Buttys Bits replacement so duly ordered and arrived a few days back.
Followed the instructions and all connected up:

Then mounted the pedal:

Then I needed to mount the spring to the arm that connects to the throttle cable but looks like someone had made their own stop thingy so nothing to mount it to :(

So - how to sort this out??

Also, I need a cable connecting thingy for the carb end as I don't have one !!

Engine sounds and looks lovely. The Butty is a nice experience. More of a comfortable response I find. Almost car like in use. And petrol consumption has much improved. Not sure of the spring connection. Bit dark out there to take a photo. Soon on the road. This one? Small-ish missive 😆 👍 Merry Christmas and 🤞 for next year for all of us getting out there.

Cheers chaps - pretty stoked with the engine so far :)
All the best to all for the lock down Christmas and New Year :) :)

ozziedog said:
Motor sounds great, maybe even bettererer than that :p :p :p

Ozziedog,,,,,,, I can at last get back off the edge oh my seat :mrgreen: ;) :mrgreen:
Hope you didn't get a numb bum :lol:
(Cheers)

matty74 said:
Fantastic to hear it running [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ta muchly

Just ordered some bolt on valve covers as I refurbed the original ones and they don't seal so well.

Smelt fuel so ducked under the van it is dripping from the fuel pipe coming from the bottom of the fuel tank so took it out to have a look as no matter how tight I made it, fuel still dripped out :(

A pick of the filter with a notch in it that may be the cause - suggestions welcome!!

Looks like the pipe from this to the fuel filter may be a bit too big - measured 7.5mm ID while the pipe coming from the fuel tank is 6.5mm OD so will have to see if I can get smaller pipes.

Also, the spring that attaches to the throttle rod near where the cable attaches, the stop tab is in the way so I will not be able to connect the spring as I wanted - will probably have to use the same hole that the cable connects to.
Will struggle to drill a hole into the chassis due to not much room but will see (bloody cold this morning under the van!!).

gninnam said:
Doh - the washer is on the wrong side - should be on the nut side :)

Hehe, I was going to say!

Absolutely chuffed that your van is running and sounding quite so serene. Excellent work as always, Andy!

Merry Christmas to you and yours 🎄

gvee said:
gninnam said:
Doh - the washer is on the wrong side - should be on the nut side :)

Hehe, I was going to say!

Absolutely chuffed that your van is running and sounding quite so serene. Excellent work as always, Andy!

Merry Christmas to you and yours 🎄
Cheers George - all the best to you and SWMBO :)

Latest posts