Progress Pics - Dormobile X-Over

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Epoxy mastic arrived this week so this evening washed under the van and went over it with a tack cloth.
Dusted off my spray gun and gave it a clean then thought I would mix a small amount to see how it goes. Not used the gun for many years so couldn’t remember the settings….

Happy with how it went on. Managed to do the front and rear wheel tubs and various other bits - surprised how far a little went.
Will see how good it really is tomorrow once its all dry.

A few pics for you (not great as light was going and my camera is playing up):

20180601_195312_zps0rgz918s.jpg

20180601_195343_zpsrxfafebw.jpg

20180601_195356_zpsdjkzvhc8.jpg

20180601_195423_zps4t2ob4je.jpg

20180601_195505_zps88rkm23y.jpg

20180601_195511_zpsmmo178em.jpg

20180601_195529_zpsastjr0f9.jpg

20180601_195540_zpslu7tuyii.jpg

If I get time, may do some more spraying tomorrow, attempt the middle chassis rails and floor.

Cheers

gninnam said:

Epoxy mastic arrived this week so this evening washed under the van and went over it with a tack cloth.
Dusted off my spray gun and gave it a clean then thought I would mix a small amount to see how it goes. Not used the gun for many years so couldn’t remember the settings….

Happy with how it went on. Managed to do the front and rear wheel tubs and various other bits - surprised how far a little went.
Will see how good it really is tomorrow once its all dry.

A few pics for you (not great as light was going and my camera is playing up):

20180601_195312_zps0rgz918s.jpg

20180601_195343_zpsrxfafebw.jpg

20180601_195356_zpsdjkzvhc8.jpg

20180601_195423_zps4t2ob4je.jpg

20180601_195505_zps88rkm23y.jpg

20180601_195511_zpsmmo178em.jpg

20180601_195529_zpsastjr0f9.jpg

20180601_195540_zpslu7tuyii.jpg

If I get time, may do some more spraying tomorrow, attempt the middle chassis rails and floor.

Cheers
It’s looking good underneath [emoji106]

Long day shift. Get home. Log in. See your name up top of the list and think....he’s progressed again. Yay!! 🙌 As said....looking spot on. You just need to be sitting above all that work in the future...and ride with pride. 😎

graysummers said:
Long day shift. Get home. Log in. See your name up top of the list and think....he’s progressed again. Yay!! 🙌 As said....looking spot on. You just need to be sitting above all that work in the future...and ride with pride. 😎
Thanks - still some way to go though...

Mine is sitting waiting for me to start again :)

Taking advantage of the stunning weather once again down the van near Tenby. Just got back from Van Westest in Pembrokeshire, only 3 T1 or T2s in a weekend VvW festival. Shocking. I need a target like next years festival to make them raise their game :)

Tenby. Love the place. Down the coast from our place. A couple of trundling along hours of travelling bliss to get there. My first intended trip is between either going up to Betws y Coed or down to St. David’s and then Tenby followed by nipping round to Llanelli. Good plan. Maybe next year will see 3 Crossovers added to the meagre line up. 😉

exuptoy said:
Mine is sitting waiting for me to start again :)

Taking advantage of the stunning weather once again down the van near Tenby. Just got back from Van Westest in Pembrokeshire, only 3 T1 or T2s in a weekend VvW festival. Shocking. I need a target like next years festival to make them raise their game :)
You'll soon be at it again :D

Sounds like a poor show.....

graysummers said:
Tenby. Love the place. Down the coast from our place. A couple of trundling along hours of travelling bliss to get there. My first intended trip is between either going up to Betws y Coed or down to St. David’s and then Tenby followed by nipping round to Llanelli. Good plan. Maybe next year will see 3 Crossovers added to the meagre line up. 😉

Love Betws y Coed - when my dad was a child, his dad was going to move down there, but for what ever reason, never did - if he had I wouldn't be here.

Mixed some more epoxy and sprayed some more, targeting the chassis rails, top hats and H rails. Looking better.
Have enough paint left (hopefully) to finish the floor and pipes. If the weather is good next week will plan to do it then.

A few pics (nothing exciting I’m afraid :( ):

20180603_190734_zps0zx6ymqj.jpg

20180603_190747_zpsmvpm5vaq.jpg

20180603_190842_zpsuogg9m83.jpg

20180603_190850_zpse4kh1jl6.jpg

20180603_190904_zpstwpomkta.jpg

20180603_190927_zpsmdwfjrft.jpg

Cheers

gninnam said:
graysummers said:

Love Betws y Coed - when my dad was a child, his dad was going to move down there, but for what ever reason, never did - if he had I wouldn't be here.

Whoah. You’d have been a different Andy.....Dol y P...Andy 😆 A twinkle in the eye is a twinkle in the eye 😍 Very Twilight Zone. Got the tune in my head now 🤕 My Dad’s from South Wales. My Grancha (Valley Welsh for Grandad) moved to Coventry to work in Massey Ferguson’s tractor factory. I’ve had his speed sensibility since. Progress doesn’t have to be hands on. A smile on your face at what’s been done is progress. Great to follow your hard work. Well...both of you. Much respect.

Thanks for the comments on mine Andy, yeah can't wait to see what it looks like when finished.

You my friend are doing a sterling job on yours , now the weather has improved.
Such a catch 22 situation, good weather and you just wan't to be out there.
Bad weather and there is no way you wan't to be lying outside under a bus getting cold.

Keep up the good work, all be worth it in the end.

J & P
:D :D :D

graysummers said:
gninnam said:

Whoah. You’d have been a different Andy.....Dol y P...Andy 😆 A twinkle in the eye is a twinkle in the eye 😍 Very Twilight Zone. Got the tune in my head now 🤕 My Dad’s from South Wales. My Grancha (Valley Welsh for Grandad) moved to Coventry to work in Massey Ferguson’s tractor factory. I’ve had his speed sensibility since. Progress doesn’t have to be hands on. A smile on your face at what’s been done is progress. Great to follow your hard work. Well...both of you. Much respect.
Well, if my dad had moved there he would never have met my mum so I would not exist.... :msn4:

Regarding progress, it is painfully slow, mainly because it is longer a labour of love, just labour.
Looking forward to not seeing it on the drive to be honest!!

Fernando Palmela said:
You know how it is said in Portugal, "he already has his underpants washed" ahahahaha
Not being from Portugal, not 100% sure what you mean, but thanks for the comment anyway :?

Another few hours of painting.
Nearly at the end of the epoxy now (was hoping to do the rear internal floor but not enough).
Finished off under the cab floor and also the rear of the bottom of the load bay floor.

A few pics:

20180605_193337_zpsw9d1z6xj.jpg

20180605_193350_zpsw2uv5c0n.jpg

20180605_193400_zps5vhtqukq.jpg

Cheers

Latest posts