Pop Top Kitchen - Which shows should we do??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67westy

Reaction score
We are starting to plan which shows to attend for next year and we are looking for suggestions on where we could be looking. Ideally we don't want to be travelling more than a couple of hours from Lincoln but open to all suggestions :)

So far in terms of VW shows we hope to be doing SkegVegas and Field Of Dreams again so that rules out 23rd/24th and 30th/31st August. We have also committed to some triathlon events ruling out 13th April, 5th May, 3rd August, 20th/21st September.

I think we will be looking at maybe one more full weekend and possibly a couple of one dayers. For weekends we are constrained to outside of school term times due to work commitments. So let us know shows you like and where you'd like to see us as we'd like more people to sample our food :) Hopefully some customers from this year will vouch for us :lol:

Oh and for those of you who don't know we server gourmet burgers and pulled pork sandwiches from our 70's eriba puck.....

IMAG0056_1_zps792e7ab9.jpg

Glad your hopefully doing skegvegas again 8) my mate runs the local dub show in notts would be ideal :D (for me, I'd get to sample the pulled pork :msn4: ) but seriously a nice show, not to big or too small, plenty of people, and he likes the more unique caterers 8) he had Polly's ice cream split this year :D

http://www.dubdayz.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Alive and veedubbin is just bottom side of Ipswich, usually a good well attended show, in june ;)

68_early_bay said:
Glad your hopefully doing skegvegas again 8) my mate runs the local dub show in notts would be ideal :D (for me, I'd get to sample the pulled pork :msn4: ) but seriously a nice show, not to big or too small, plenty of people, and he likes the more unique caterers 8) he had Polly's ice cream split this year :D

Funny you should mention that one, I was looking at that last night. If it's the same weekend in July though I don't think we could make it as the 12th is Hannah's last day in work before the summer break :( Looks like one we'd enjoy, don't suppose you know the dates for next year? The pulled pork is my favourite thing on the menu :D We are hoping we can get our meaty options on the menu for SkegVegas next year......

simo said:
Alive and veedubbin is just bottom side of Ipswich, usually a good well attended show, in june ;)

Jimmys farm, we have fancied this as a camping weekend for the last couple of years. Unfortunately I think we may have the same term time problems :( Unfortunately full time employment gets in the way :lol:

67westy said:
68_early_bay said:

Funny you should mention that one, I was looking at that last night. If it's the same weekend in July though I don't think we could make it as the 12th is Hannah's last day in work before the summer break :( Looks like one we'd enjoy, don't suppose you know the dates for next year? The pulled pork is my favourite thing on the menu :D We are hoping we can get our meaty options on the menu for SkegVegas next year......

At the moment it's 11/12/13 July just waiting for venue confirmation, :? , if you could make it you wouldn't regret it, cracking show :D every year there's a theme, this year it was 40's/50's, and as that weekend is the World Cup final, the idea atm for 2014 is Brazilian mardi gras
:mrgreen:

Adam, with the restrictions and commitments you have already, I'd suggest maybe using this years event list (the events map sticky on this site) to see what events may suit you for location and then contact the organisers to confirm dates for 2014.
Stanford Hall is not far from you and is very well attended with not too many food vendors, maybe worth a punt?

To anyone not familiar, the 'Pop Top Kitchen' serves excellent food, using the best quality, locally sourced ingredients, freshly prepared, elegantly served, and at a very fair price too!
I have no connection with this other than having met Adam and Hannah several times, chatted about food, tried their fares and as a food lover, being totally sold on their approach to top notch grub.
Give it a go, I'm sure you will equally impressed. :D

Bristol Show and the final fling! done :)

68_early_bay said:
At the moment it's 11/12/13 July just waiting for venue confirmation, :? , if you could make it you wouldn't regret it, cracking show :D every year there's a theme, this year it was 40's/50's, and as that weekend is the World Cup final, the idea atm for 2014 is Brazilian mardi gras
:mrgreen:

I wish it was a week later it would be so much easier. As Hannah is teaching there's no option for her to have a day off :( Might be an option if we can arrive later on the Friday and then start late or just open Saturday morning. Will give it some thought, it's my birthday weekend as well :D

Pete B said:
Adam, with the restrictions and commitments you have already, I'd suggest maybe using this years event list (the events map sticky on this site) to see what events may suit you for location and then contact the organisers to confirm dates for 2014.
Stanford Hall is not far from you and is very well attended with not too many food vendors, maybe worth a punt?

To anyone not familiar, the 'Pop Top Kitchen' serves excellent food, using the best quality, locally sourced ingredients, freshly prepared, elegantly served, and at a very fair price too!
I have no connection with this other than having met Adam and Hannah several times, chatted about food, tried their fares and as a food lover, being totally sold on their approach to top notch grub.
Give it a go, I'm sure you will equally impressed. :D

Thanks for the kind words Pete! Stanford hall is one of our favourite shows and we made some enquiries about attending next year but haven't had a reply. Unfortunately now one of the triathlon events we are committed to clashes so we'll have to give it a miss this year :( Massive shame as we would love to be there even just as visitors if we couldn't trade. I'm sure we'll catch up with you at a show though.

easy said:
Bristol Show and the final fling! done :)

Ha I wish it was that easy! Would be about three hours or so for us, if we lived further south and west I think a lot more shows would be in easy reach! I'll broach the subject with Hannah, I think a long drive after a hard weekend puts her off though.

Cheers for the suggestions guys, it's given us a few to think about. I just wish we could be more flexible :(

Defo worth Bristol dood, If you park anywhere near earlybay.com or The Old Volks Club we will buy you out :mrgreen: 8)

Hi Adam

As mentioned I'm working on an aircooled only weekend event hopefully end June/early July and will be in the midlands, will let you know once I have more details, going to see another venue today.

I know its term time but thought I'd mention it :lol:

Graham L said:
Hi Adam

As mentioned I'm working on an aircooled only weekend event hopefully end June/early July and will be in the midlands, will let you know once I have more details, going to see another venue today.

8) nice one graham :mrgreen:

Graham L said:
Hi Adam

Make it mid July and we'll definitely be there :D I forgot you were arranging that, looking forward to hearing about it. Might even be able to do it if it's term time and we just trade on the Saturday and Sunday if it's not too far away :)

Latest posts