New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm from Zagreb in Croatia, I have 32 years and I am obsessed with air-cooled VW cars for 6 years! First I had a 1200 VW Beetle, VW Bus T2b then, then again VW Beetle 1302L and now the last 2 months I have nothing, but I started to fall in love in T2a models and only them! So my next car will be a VW T2a.
Hi everyone!

From Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico, Victor but my friends tell my El Santo, I have a 1970 bus, and a 1973 Karmann Ghia

Well my first post into my new adventure, I bought a 1970 westy and looking forward to all the camping. will be posting pics next.

MrAndyP said:
New to E.B so this is my 'HI' My names Andy and i live in derby. :roll:

Just bought a TinTop Savanagh Beige Deluxe. 1969 Texas Import. Took delivery last friday....went straight to Guy @ Slamwerks for Narrowed Beam,Notching etc. Hoping to get it back sometime next week.

Delivery Pic....

Will get some more when its been hit with the lowering stick....

IMG_8941.jpg

hello Andy, I'm Ash and also live in derby, seen your bus at slamwerks looks solid ....... and way better now 8)

dubscum said:
hello Andy, I'm Ash and also live in derby, seen your bus at slamwerks looks solid ....... and way better now 8)

Hi Ash. Yeah Guy has done an awesome job on the beam and notching etc. Highly recommend Slamwerks. Top quality work,very friendly and really helpful.

Thanks for the comment. Yeah wasn't struck on the look of the bus when I got it a month or so back,looked past it though,and really happy with how it's looking now.

I'll get some recent pics up this week.....

Had a read through your build thread. Realised...I think it's your bus I seen vids of on YouTube a while back. Looks ace anyways.

Hello everyone, new to bays but not to VWs.

I've put some pics of Rusty in the gallery for you to admire/praise/insult.

If there is anyone else in the Wells (Somerset) area and you fancy a chat, give us a shout.

Dan

Hi everyone,

Darren and Nikki saying hello from a foggy Cambridgeshire.

Joined up a couple of days ago - bought a 1971 tin-top in need of some major TLC at the end of October, and this seems like a great place to find inspiration for the restoration.

Will post details and pictures of the ongoing restoration in the gallery so please feel free to comment. Constructive crticism is more than welcome. You may have seen the bus (already named Bunty) on another website as I did start a thread for the resto there, but Earlybay seems like a much better place to post. You may have also seen it on ebay and had a laugh too! Yep, we were the mugs who bought it.

Here's a pic to be going on with. Don't be deceived by the shiny new paint - all will be revealed in the gallery...
5115525450_6b6001929b_d.jpg

Zen said:
I'm from Zagreb in Croatia, I have 32 years and I am obsessed with air-cooled VW cars for 6 years! First I had a 1200 VW Beetle, VW Bus T2b then, then again VW Beetle 1302L and now the last 2 months I have nothing, but I started to fall in love in T2a models and only them! So my next car will be a VW T2a.
Hi everyone!

Hi Zen welcome to the EB. One of my best frineds lives in Zagreb, ive been over to some of the home footy games and they are some serious fans :msn4: . Ive been to Cavtat with the wife a few times and really enjoyed it there. Still havent spotted and baywindows on the road yet.

hi all

excellant forum, my names danny and hopefully on the way to ownership !
hope to be part of the community soooon !

can you also clarify for me, tried pm,ing a member but the message just sits
in the outbox part and doesnt appear in the sent folder ?? has it gone ?

cheers all.

pottinger said:
hi all

excellant forum, my names danny and hopefully on the way to ownership !
hope to be part of the community soooon !

can you also clarify for me, tried pm,ing a member but the message just sits
in the outbox part and doesnt appear in the sent folder ?? has it gone ?

cheers all.

it wont leave your outbox until they read it, so its like a crude read reciept.

Hello there everyone i am new to this forum thingy so please bare with me i have always wanted a VW Van and have finally got one Will be uploading images (soon hopfully) the old girl is in bits at the moment i joined to meet other Van fans and to hopefully picksome brains on some issues that i might come across and to share my knowledge and discoverys as best as posible :p

heeeellloo i'm darren from cornwall, bought a 1968 westy import last week, also have a rusty 1973 bay, 1971 beetle and a mk2 golf gti 8)
followed a link here from jk
:bliss: my 1973 bay has been off the road for about 5 years whilst i did my training :character0074: I'm a nurse qualified last year so now can afford the van of my dreams and rust free bliss :party0009: i'll put some photos in the gallary later
cheers
darren

Hello and welcome to all new doods and doodettes 8)

Evening all, my name is John and I am new here!!!!

My first post and I would just like to say hello to everyone. Just bought myself a '71 pop top Westy, which is being delivered to me on Friday.

Here's a wee sneaky peek:

PA270308.jpg

PA270298.jpg

J.

Welcome to the best forum you'll ever find
Nice bus John have you imported it
I'm on the Wirral not far from you be good to have a look sometime
Cheers. Mark

Mark6455 said:
Welcome to the best forum you'll ever find
Nice bus John have you imported it
I'm on the Wirral not far from you be good to have a look sometime
Cheers. Mark

Mark.

I bought it from Southern Kombi's and it was delivered to me on Friday night, but due to the extreme weather conditions I have not even had a chance to have a nosey at it - Roll on the thaw says I. :shock:

You're more than welcome to have a wee look when the weather improves.

J.

Latest posts