New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all great site bak on unde r a new identity as i forgot my username. I have a 15 split and deluxe 1970 bus. Love em both to bits but the splitty is nicer to drive 8)
Oh and yes as you can tell from my subject im from down under.

That doesn`t look very much like the UK to me. Judging by the van I`m guessing you are in Oz somewhere possibly WA, maybe SA. But then again I might be completely wrong. A big welcome to you wherever it is :mrgreen: Like the fact that you`ve had it so long too mate. If you can work out where you left the rear bumper I`d go and find it because they are starting to get like hens teeth. For a van this old it looks to be in crazy good condition for the body and I would love to start a resto with something this good as a base. Try and join in on the forum if you got anything to say that`ll be great.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Autumns coming :roll:

buliboy said:
Hi all great site bak on unde r a new identity as i forgot my username. I have a 15 split and deluxe 1970 bus. Love em both to bits but the splitty is nicer to drive 8)
Oh and yes as you can tell from my subject im from down under.

Hey there and welcome back. So what`s going on down under then? Is the pub shut or something ;) ? Nice to have you back in the fold. Now you know the rules mate, get some piccies up for us to have a little look at your two busses because you know we just love them piccies ! :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, Summer just on it`s way for us and you are getting Autumn which is probabally warmer than our summer :lol:

Hows This? At the beach 100m from my house 8) and yeah Autumn now today was 30 C I like in Port Macquarie half way between Sydney and Brisbane. They say its the mildest weather zone in Australia. I like it . 8) .

15194309_1179207385489539_5750501688215456080_o.jpg

Hello, just joined the forum, looks very good and as and when I work out how to post photos I'll put some up.
Dave

BlueBayDave said:
Hello, just joined the forum, looks very good and as and when I work out how to post photos I'll put some up.
Dave

hello dave...

giphy.gif

check this out..

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11398&p=587243#p587243

Has anyone else had issues with tinypick not accepting your email address, I have and it won't work. Any advice on using Flickr? Thanks, Dave

BlueBayDave said:
Has anyone else had issues with tinypick not accepting your email address, I have and it won't work. Any advice on using Flickr? Thanks, Dave
u se photobucket its tooo easy

Johnny said:
beautiful earlybay and nice split you have there too. are they both RHD?

yeah both RHD the 15 winda is a fleetline and the most rust free kombi i have ever seen

/Users/ianhayes-anderson/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Masters/2017/02/28/20170228-095534/IMG_3371.JPG

Finally got around to putting up a picture of my 1969 Californian import, really happy with it just been waxoyled, now thinking about all the possibilities and projects as well as just cruising and using!

hi there

im from Cape Town South Africa , i own a 1970 earlybay , busy fitting a water cooled engine and hoping to fit a camper style Interior

Hi, I'm new to the forum and early bay life. After about 18 months of searching and favouriting buses I couldn't afford I'm picking up my first camper next week - a 1971 Devon Moonraker.

I was also thinking about doing one of those "learn about your aircooled engine" one day workshops a few garages do. Any suggestions on one of those in the South would be great.

iknowdavehouse said:
Hi, I'm new to the forum and early bay life. After about 18 months of searching and favouriting buses I couldn't afford I'm picking up my first camper next week - a 1971 Devon Moonraker.

I was also thinking about doing one of those "learn about your aircooled engine" one day workshops a few garages do. Any suggestions on one of those in the South would be great.
Congratulations on your purchase.

You could come along to techenders, where loads of camper owners do things to their buses and help each other out.

Most of the buses are latebays, but all are welcome. Plenty of us have the same T1 engine as you.

Hello there!

Expecting delivery of a 71 Bay anytime now. Totally new to the VW classic scene and looking forward to getting my hands dirty and picking your collective brains for help and advice! Will get pics up as soon at it arrives.

Hiya Shortie and welcome, good luck with the brain picking thing :lol:
If your dream come true is getting your hands dirty then you have the right vehicle I reckon. Because the model is fifty years old this year, you can bet something will need doing every so often, but the key to these babies seems to be good maintenance and that really limits problemos 8) I guess you know we really like pictures on here, so as you said, pop up some pictures as soon as you can. :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, and welcome again! :mrgreen:

Hi, newbie here, hello.

I'm new to air-cooled. Had plenty of water cooled vws. Just a Otley about myself, I'm 31 got 4 kids and a Mrs. Currently drive a pos micra for a work hack, a 2010 leon fr and a 2006 touran as the 7 seater for the rare family outing which with the kids getting bigger I was looking to replace with a t5 with a rock and roll bed, and when I started looking I started to realise I didn't want a t5 I wanted anot early bay, so I've been hunting for one for few weeks now, had a look at a few and quickly realised I'm going to have to go over budget to get a tidy one. I've got my eye on a lhd one if negotiations go well it will be mine. Needs interior sorting. No matter what I get I need a 3 seater bench up front and a 3 seater rock and roll bed.

So for this seems a great forum, I used to have a lot to do with the mk1 golf owners club, and that is a great community. Hoping this community will be as awesome.

welcome, if your successful post up your pics. You wont find a better font of knowledge for baywindows anywhere on the web.

very nice... loving the rims especially

get a thread in the gallery going. Id say there will be lots of interest in this van. whats the history?

Latest posts