MyVanWay California Westfalia tintop....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
creationblue said:
Nice work Agent 297, good luck with the rear

Thanks!! :lol:
Got balancing one side on my foot whislt trapping fingers at the other end down to a 'T'!!!! :lol:
Luck i didnt damage paint work....just My fingers...and pride!! :oops: :lol:

Note how the other half looks 'Full of the joys of spring!?!' and clearly loves to spend a nice sunny afternoon helping her loved one through his meltdown......!! :50:

SNV80901-1.jpg

SNV80906.jpg

SNV80905.jpg

SNV80899.jpg

Front looks great!!

My back bumper had a dent in it. When we had it off the bus to remove the motor, hubby straightened out the dent. Doing this made the bumper really hard to put back on. What I did was use some of those C clamp vise grips and put one end on the bumper bracket and the other on the bus frame and then locked it in place when I got the bumper bracket holes lined up. Made the job a lot easier!! :D

justcruzin said:
Front looks great!!

My back bumper had a dent in it. When we had it off the bus to remove the motor, hubby straightened out the dent. Doing this made the bumper really hard to put back on. What I did was use some of those C clamp vise grips and put one end on the bumper bracket and the other on the bus frame and then locked it in place when I got the bumper bracket holes lined up. Made the job a lot easier!! :D

I think my problem was similar, one bumper iron was bent slightly, for a reason i guess!!! :?
just got to remember which one im going to kick the sh!t out of....i mean bend back in to its original state of bentness!?!? :shock: :lol:

cheers for idea though ive got some speed clamps at work, not going to fit today as im off to Volksword Show!! 8)

Paul

Today I took apart the cooler and stripped down the water system to give it a good clean & sterolize ready for use this easter weekend.........if it duznt snow!?!? :shock:
Whats the crack with the freaky weather?!?!?!

2012!!!!!!!!! :shock:

SNV80922.jpg

Need to plumb in new breather as old one was broken! :cry:

Its a later westy breather but its easyer to work with and remove when I feel like it. :)

SNV80924.jpg

SNV80925.jpg

SNV80926.jpg

The fridge came up really well considering!!
Tray has had a repair by someone...not me. :shock:
But ill fix it!!

SNV80929.jpg

SNV80928.jpg

Also cleaned the OG rubber matt, Arch covers & Sunvisors. 8)

SNV80919.jpg

SNV80920.jpg

SNV80921.jpg

Took these out when I got my Madmatz...mats!! :roll:
Duz anyone know if they are original??
:?

SNV80923.jpg

Getting on with the plumbing!

SNV80959.jpg

SNV80960.jpg

After seeing fantastic Original Westys at the show running nealy all Original equipment:
Rubber mats.
Curtains.
Seat covering.
Etc.
You kinda think...did I make the right choice in taking it out?!?!?! :?
I realy liked these two...... 8)

IMG_6009-1.jpg

IMG_5966-1.jpg

IMG_6031.jpg

IMG_6017.jpg

Cool.....Super cool. 8)

Round 1 to the van!!!
Will be atempting to put rear bumper on again tomorrow!!
Now ive put the irons back on the right way round!!?? :shock:

SNV80958.jpg

They were bent a certain way...ya know!! :?

Just done the same myself and still deciding whether to leave it out what with 2 kids it gives you alot more space :?
but it just does not look or feel the same inside :cry:

2012-03-10152339.jpg

2012-03-10152358.jpg

Valentine Won said:
Just done the same myself and still deciding whether to leave it out what with 2 kids it gives you alot more space :?

You only rent the "family" anyway Shaun, a single man doesn't need all that room. ;)

Thinking about making a Storage box....come seat for camping trips?!?
Found some good kitchen units at work i could modify..., also maybe making it large enough to accommodate a porterloo :idea:
So I could curl one off when ever and where ever I want!! :lol: :shock:

Valentine Won said:

2012-03-10152339.jpg

2012-03-10152358.jpg

Nope, but its quick to remove and put back, mmm compromise!! :D

I've been having the same dilemma so at the weekend I had a bash at utilising the spice rack and adding a piece to the bottom.
Just used MDF for the backboard and extra storage and can easily revert it back to the original. (never used the fridge anyway)
123018.jpg

123022.jpg

sparkywig said:
Valentine Won said:

You only rent the "family" anyway Shaun, a single man doesn't need all that room. ;)
But if i sell the sink unit i took out i can rent them more often or even get an upgrade ;)

Valentine Won said:
sparkywig said:
Valentine Won said:

But if i sell the sink unit i took out i can rent them more often or even get an upgrade ;)

:lol:

Howie123 said:
I've been having the same dilemma so at the weekend I had a bash at utilising the spice rack and adding a piece to the bottom.
Just used MDF for the backboard and extra storage and can easily revert it back to the original. (never used the fridge anyway)
123018.jpg

123022.jpg

Yep, like it. :D
Keeping a bit of the old. 8)
You could make a seat quite easily and just router the gap out so it fits around the spice rack and then you could have more use and more space.. :)

Valentine Won said:

2012-03-10152339.jpg

2012-03-10152358.jpg

Thinking up designs.... :idea:
Defiantly want a shitter!!! :lol:
and a seat....

Just read through your thread, you have a really lovely westy there mate! good work.

my sink/coolbox comes out for the summer, like many, prefer the space for camping, the long term plan is to put a proper fridge in it....maybe one day... :D

Latest posts