My New Adventure

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TJW1970 said:
Flame ball arrived today. Guess I'll be fitting that over the weekend.

Any suggestions for location?

I tried to fit mine over the passenger seat to shut up my Mrs but she wasn't having it. So I guess you'll have to chuck it in the noisy cupboard. Stu has a picture of his on his build thread and he generally does things in the most practical way possible. If he's got it somewhere then there's usually some sound reasoning behind it

Ozziedog ',,,,,,,,,,, noisy cupboard for the win :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,
Stuf seems to have his located with the fixings on the frame ABOVE the ball. My bracket only allows for fixings from the SIDE of the frame.

IMG_4278_zpslemiuo6h.jpg

Guess they have changed the frame design.

Maybe I could get the father in law to hold it when he sits in the back.

He could sit on it like a pillow then if it gets too hot Kaboooosh !!! :lol:
If it has to be fixed on the side, is there a little space on the firewall above the left hand carb ? You would have to go careful with the drill and the self tappers because there is a fuel tank on the other side, maybe drill through a bit of wood first so only 2 0r 3mm of drill bit is exposed. Also if you get into the ribs that should give you a bit more space. With self tappers, start them off so they go in a bit like 5mm then pull them and cut them down then tighten so you don`t get too close to the fueltank ;) Mzaybe the spare wheel well, again watch out for the spare. I`ve heard they are rubbish with a self tapper in them :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, It`ll fit,,,,,,, somewhere,, :mrgreen:

Ok, fitted fireball last weekend. Had electrics sorted today. All done in less than an hour, so £40. Wire loose under dash, to starter motor and fuse not in correctly (too loose). All ready for the hols now. Just need to put some tea, coffee and sugar in bus, ready for stops and brews in bus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Missed a drive out in Telford last night. Didn't know it was on. Shame, looked good. Went on it a few years ago in a Splitty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, first things first. Got stopped for speeding in the bus yesterday! No, really, I was!

45 in a 30!

Policeman kindly asked me to pull over and then advised me I was doing between 40 and 45 in a 30 and asked if I knew I had been speeding through a village. I said "yes", as I clearly had been. I explained that it was because for the last 10 miles I had a drive right up my '£Dse' and it was my chance to put some space between me and them. He laughed and then said 'Don't worry, I don't have a gun with me, so I can't get you done today'. He then asked me to take it a little slower through that particular village, as the locals really don't like speeding. I agreed.

He then went on to tell me that he had a 72 and that he liked the look of my bus. We then chatted for a while, as he gave it the once over. He liked it. We agreed to look out for each other on the roads and off I went.

Father in law in the back was most amused, as he hasn't even been stopped in 60 odd years of driving and never even had a parking ticket. Wife also laughed at my expense when the policeman said that it would have been a 'ticket of honour' if I had been done.

Secondly, just had a week away in St Davids in South West Wales. Lovely place. Will get round to posting some pics when I get a chance.

Finally, for today, when is the Dubs at the Caste event on at Caldicott? Want to meet up with some of you lot!

Latest posts