My new 69 crewcab.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been putting off removing the tank because I thought it would be a difficult, dirty , pain in the arse job that would cover me in petrol!!! I was correct!! :bliss:

So now I need some of this stuff & some slightly wider stuff gor the breather & if possible some massive stuff for the filler neck!!!
Where to find that from :google: ???

fluro coated silicone pipe for filler?

the breather pipes I just used 10mm or 8mm(cant remember) fuel hose from local auto parts

There was a group buy on here not so long ago for the wider neck filler. I was thinking about buying one but wasn't sure if the length would be different on our crewcabs?? Can you measure yours Lee? I think there's also someone selling on Fleabay

Yeah I'll measure it at the weekend, when I'm next working on it!!!
Would a toilet roll not do the same job for cheaper!!!???

Lee C said:
Yeah I'll measure it at the weekend, when I'm next working on it!!!
Would a toilet roll not do the same job for cheaper!!!???

I think andrex bog rolls are ethanol resistant :D :lol:

Spent Saturday on the truck, shit job nearly broke me neck working in the space under the load bed!!!
Still got loads to do in there too :roll:

Can't get to it from underneath!!!

This is what I cut out, bit at a time !!!

This is what I ended up with!!!!!

Small repair to crossmember top.

This is how I left it !!!

I'm going to try to do a bit on a week night this week if I can!!!
But me neck is bliddy killing us!!!
& I can't fit me heed in with me ear defenders on so it's deafening in there , also I set fire to myself again :lol:
Not really looking forward to this!!!

Lee C said:
Spent Saturday on the truck, shit job nearly broke me neck working in the space under the load bed!!!
Still got loads to do in there too :roll:

Can't get to it from underneath!!!

This is what I cut out, bit at a time !!!

This is what I ended up with!!!!!

Small repair to crossmember top.

This is how I left it !!!

I'm going to try to do a bit on a week night this week if I can!!!
But me neck is bliddy killing us!!!
& I can't fit me heed in with me ear defenders on so it's deafening in there , also I set fire to myself again :lol:
Not really looking forward to this!!!

I really can understand you! But don't give up, your crewcab is awesome! Go for it!
Best regards
Reto

Many thanks gents, doubt I'll get anything done on this till the new year now!!!
But I'll soldier on!!!
Just wish I'd replaced the whole floor!!!! :roll:

What are you using to make the smaller cuts? I have some small areas that need cutting out but don't seem to be able to get at them with a grinder.. You using a blade saw?

superfunkyfresh said:
What are you using to make the smaller cuts? I have some small areas that need cutting out but don't seem to be able to get at them with a grinder.. You using a blade saw?

Tried an airsaw?
Ingersoll-Rand-529-Low-Vibration-Reciprocating-Air-Saw-0-0.jpg

You can sometimes get them from aldi for £15, just buy better blades as the ones you get are crap!

A variety of stuff!!!
Grinder, air saw, nibbler, etc for cutting out.
Grinder, 2 different belt sanders & a die grinder for cleaning up & smoothing welds.
It's a bit crowed under there with that lot , airline,electric extensions & safety wear!!! :lol:

Great thanks, mines on axle stands in the garage for the winter. It needs a couple of small repairs to the rusty cab floor that I have been ignoring for a while. :lol: I read this thread with interest, you make it all look so easy!

Do the flat4dubs still have a monthly meet? - I can't log in to the site!

We go to a different pub every first Wednesday of the month, just giz a ring if you want join us????
Ring Darren, to reactive your log in on flat4dubs!!!???

Same shit different year!!!

I've welded as far as I can reach !!!!!
I'll have to take the gas bottle off the welder, then lift the welder into the truck with me to do the rest !!! :roll:

Latest posts