Mike Fs "Devon be gone" 72!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woooo!

good work chris, and good faith mike!

i had a devon roof on my last van, and they leak like buggery! tintops rule

as for paint, well whatever will look cool, but would suggest a white roof and your preferred colour up to it, none of that painted to the beltline and white above malarkey!

dark colours always look good with the deluxe trim, mines montana red, but the dove blue is always a quality choice imo

looking forward to seeing it in the flesh, stanford hall?

1768598-1-yes-i-dance-for-money-don.jpg

Tim / baron,

Glad you've found the thread, reckon it'll be full colour with white roof. I'll either stick with the current Halfords version of the red or go Chianti which is I think just a little lighter.

I'll be doing all I can to get to Stanford Hall this year. Bring the projector and I'll bring The Castle.

Nice to see the bus getting some love Mike . I will be glad to see the back of those scabby doors fella !! 8)

a little update.... mike now has a tintop! yaaaaayyyy!

newtintop.jpg

and to make sure the bugger dont come off i used the biggest hammer and longest nails i could find! :shock:
nailiton2.jpg

only joking, its fully welded and all ground down, that was a long and tiring job, ive spent the last week on a stepladder doing it!

there was a bit of rot in one corner of the donor roof
IMG_1455.jpg

so as that part of mikes roof was good we worked around it, it was harder than a straight swap but a much better and longer lasting job
roofjoin.jpg

roofjoinground.jpg

so the next step, filler and primer....yay for me :lol: ;)

8) Top work there Sk , Be interested to see finished bus with the new doors 8)

gninnam said:
Amazing work 8)

Soon be on the road eh!!

Good old sk eh?

Won't be soon! He's got some welding to do underneath, new doors to source and fit then the headliner and floor. Plus the fule tank needs attention to stop the crud problem and other sundry problems all need fixing.

Great to see you all so keen on following the progress, hope to bump into a lot of you at shows this year.

well a little update for you all....

Mike has now sold a kidney so we are going full on with the bus, full repaint as well as new doors, rubbers and rims :shock: ...its gonna look sweet!

well i rolled it out into the sunshine to see the roof in primer, so glad i bare metalled the roof as it makes the lines so much crisper
IMG_1534.jpg

IMG_1537.jpg

next i had a good old poke around the sills. drivers side just needed an outer sill and passenger side needed inner, outer sills and a middle repair, repairs to the outrigger, rear arch repair and a new bellypan. sounds a lot but this is a UK RHD bus thats nearly 40 years old and none of these areas had been touched before :shock:
IMG_1573.jpg

if you know your busses youll be amazed by this, how good is that?!
IMG_1553.jpg

got a nasty bit in the chassis rail to sort out but its still a real nice bus

also found this stamped in the chassis rail
IMG_1575.jpg

Latest posts