Master cylinder rebuild kits

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob b

Reaction score
Hello people well after not making volksworld in the bus because of a brake problem I've got round to sorting it out I got my self a nos master cylinder ate one so though this would do the job but it turns out one of the seals is shot it so I need a rebuild kit

Vw heritage are out of stock
Gfs are no longer available
Status don't seem to list them
Deimos don't seem to list them too

Anyone have any other ideas where to get a kit from

Cheers rob

So today I rang

Shepshed auto spares nothing

Brakes midlands Nothing

J and j spares they wanted £150 for them to rebuild it with seals they have made

C & c dont stock them

Status had nothing

Vw Heritage didn't answer the phone

Jk had nothing

deimos didn't pick up

Anyone have anymore ideas

Cheers rob

I looked all over for one earlier in the year and couldn't find anything in this country, the one I found in the States was 'while stocks last' as it had been discontinued, but postage was too high.

So really I'm of absolutely no help to you :oops: ...if you do find some in this country though, post it on here so I can get one bought :)

Lol well Ive just got the seal part numbers Simon goin to email
Ate them
Selfs see what they say
An I've emailed another company too
Past parts

Rob

Rob b said:
So today I rang

Cheers rob

My Apologies on this it is very odd, (if you could let me know when you roughly called and how long it rang for, we are testing a new phone system and need this kind of feedback)

Have looked into it for you and they are no longer available so you may struggle to track them down,

Really intrigued to hear how you get on with ATE.

Thanks

Alex

alex4057 said:
Rob b said:
So today I rang

Cheers rob

My Apologies on this it is very odd, (if you could let me know when you roughly called and how long it rang for, we are testing a new phone system and need this kind of feedback)

Have looked into it for you and they are no longer available so you may struggle to track them down,

Really intrigued to hear how you get on with ATE.

Thanks

Alex

Hello matey it was Friday at about 2:45 hopes that helps an I've always been really happy with your service before so wasnt that worries I was goin to ring today that was all

An yeah will see what ate an past parts have to say

Cheers rob

Try 'Nelson Stokes' in the West country. Brilliant service rebuild kit cost me a tenner about
5 years ago.

Good luck

JS

james_stan said:
Try 'Nelson Stokes' in the West country. Brilliant service rebuild kit cost me a tenner about
5 years ago.

Good luck

JS

Cheers matey will try that tomorrow

Rob

Yo guys just to let you know I got some seals matched up the the og ones from

http://www.pastparts.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For the great some of £22.34 bargain :)

This might keep a few of you well I hoe it does

Also I have brakes now :) an ready for mot

Rob

It was a none servo for a 71 was an ate unit an I have got all the seal part numbers written down but there no use as ate wouldn't supply me or vw heritage with them

Rob

james_stan said:
Hi Rob

I'm curious - did Nelson Stokes not come up with the biscuits ?

Cheers

JS
I'm sorry to say I didn't ring them it slipped my mind for some reason so you could maybe still get them off that company but I didn't try past parts did me a great service so I'm happy an the bus is now mot'ed after all my slam work I've done

c21cec13.jpg

Rob

i have had the same problem with buying a old stock master cylinder, brakes would not bleed due to a rotten seal. i got a rebuild kit from owen at vw garden for £23 posted. heres the link http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?p=99690#p99690" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think back then dude they was a lot easier to get hold of things are a little harder now

Rob

Latest posts