Locking Mechanism Springs on 3/4 R&R Bed

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clean

Reaction score
Peeps,

Sorry for coming back with endless (newby) questions, but you guys are so effective at answering each question it is difficult not to. I have also searched high and low for the answer to this one and I am struggling, so here goes......

At the weekend one of the small springs on our R&R Bed mechanism (old Just Kampers 3/4 style) failed, and the mechanism locked up. Being an idiot I tried brute force and ended up cracking the base board of the bed. That is my stupid fault, and I have ordered a replacement from Campershak.

When we bought our bus it came with many spares, including several JK R&R Bed Springs, so clearly the previous owner had a recurring problem with this issue. The problem I have is I cannot - for the life of me - fit a replacement spring, and no matter what I google I cannot find any advice, diagrams or videos that help me understand how to position the mechanism, and how to stretch the spring between the two points it secures to.

Does anyone have any tips, tricks, advice etc., please? :)

Thanks,

Clean.

*ps* I have made a donation this month to reflect the amount of help you guys have been giving us! ;)

Latest posts