"LemurBus" Empty Garage Syndrome

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aircooler said:
Your interior is just amazing! Very nice build!
Cheers
Reto

Very kind of you to say, thanks :) we like it :D :D :D

so leisure battery securing tips anyone? or better still pics!

Liam

the nice weather has meant I've had chance to sort the split charge, here are some progress pics :D

so it's going in the usual place..

little rubber matt made,

Knocked up a small alloy bracket once i'd decided where best to mount the relay

in place

fuse holder fixed to an existing mount point near starting battery

loose position of cable

kit came with all necessary 'heat shrink' too

Final position with the small earthing wire connected too.

Tested it out with the multi-meter, works a treat, kicks in at 13.3v and once starting battery is less than 12.8v it isolates the batteries from each other. there is a little LED to show when split charging is operational.
took a few hour at most but was enjoyable in a weird way... With engine running both had 14.5V+ :D

The kit came from http://www.simplysplitcharge.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

.....more soon of the 240v hook up/consumer unit etc

Liam

mattyd72 said:
Very neat. How much did this kit set you back?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Twas about £70, but the relay alone is around £40 so i was pretty happy, everything is there in one box,plus very detailed instructions. I rang them with a few questions (i tend to over think things) and they knew their stuff!

Liam

lemur said:
mattyd72 said:
Very neat. How much did this kit set you back?

Twas about £70, but the relay alone is around £40 so i was pretty happy, everything is there in one box,plus very detailed instructions. I rang them with a few questions (i tend to over think things) and they knew their stuff!

Liam
It looks like a decent quality product.

Nice neat installation as well :cool:

Well done fantastic job, love to see the bus in the flesh
me and my pal davidomes have just started to put our 69 tintop RHD back together after its return from the paint shop
been following your build over the last 12 months you have given us some great ideas
many thanks
Vinvan
PS Where is the bit about the roof lining cant seem to find it ???? :rocknroll:

Marriedblonde said:
Looking very nice :)

vinvan said:
Well done fantastic job, love to see the bus in the flesh
me and my pal davidomes have just started to put our 69 tintop RHD back together after its return from the paint shop
been following your build over the last 12 months you have given us some great ideas
many thanks
Vinvan
PS Where is the bit about the roof lining cant seem to find it ???? :rocknroll:

Thanks for the kind words guys :) it really does feel nearly there now!

here's link to my headliner effort for you Vinvan
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=58194" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So finally after much debate decided on a method to secure the leisure battery in place, didn't want some bulky metal bracket over it so opted for some nylon webbing attached via think metal strips riveted to the battery tray (only 2 rivets and quickly por15'd on the underside :oops: )

anyway 1st pic, all nice and tight, the little strips mean it can't budge, especially with the rubber mat..

the riveted strip fixing the webbing to tray

more soon,
Liam

Well as my wife would put it "are you gonna stop being on your period now?" lol..
......but much to my relief the old girl passed 2nd MOT since resto without advisory!

:party0009: :party0009: :party0023: :party0009: :party0009:

good job really because I'm doing a friends wedding next weekend!
Yanky plates already back on :lol:

Nice wiring, very neat, I'm going to get some of the proper crimpers make life so much easier. Any ideas on a supplier and size for the standard gauge wiring in a van? :mrgreen:

71Dormobile said:
Nice wiring, very neat, I'm going to get some of the proper crimpers make life so much easier. Any ideas on a supplier and size for the standard gauge wiring in a van? :mrgreen:

Cheers, The crimpers i used were "borrowed" from work but they do make the job 'proper'... wouldn't know where to start with wire suppliers either tbh sorry :oops: no doubt someone will come along with a link to somewhere :)

Had a look @ your thread, nice work!!

Liam

lemur said:
71Dormobile said:

Cheers, The crimpers i used were "borrowed" from work but they do make the job 'proper'... wouldn't know where to start with wire suppliers either tbh sorry :oops: no doubt someone will come along with a link to somewhere :)

Had a look @ your thread, nice work!!

Liam

Cheers, borrowed some to do the battery terminals a while ago, smaller ones are great as well that fold over connections into the wire. I'll keep an eye out for recommendations ;)

Helped out with a friends wedding last weekend , weather was nice and it was a lovely day:) here's a few pics from the day, well the bus ones anyway....

Not very ofton you'll find a picture of me in a suit and looking smart(ish) :lol:

would you believe that "you can easily shove a porsche engine in them" and "i'll bet that's worth a bob or two" as i was repeatedly informed during the day :roll:

The Brides were happy :D with her and it was pretty local to me, Was fun, It's nice to show our bus's off sometimes after all the effort,time and money we've all put in.

Liam

Latest posts