Leisure batteries

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mister

Reaction score
I got mine (85amp) second hand off a friend for free last year, it doesn't really hold power anymore, the interior westy light which I wired into it went out after about three hours last time I camped.
What are peoples recommendations for a new one, only running lights and hopefully soon radio/ipod head unit off it - no big amplifiers are planned.
I know nothin! so any advice - model would be welcomed
Cheers, Andrew

This ones pretty good I got a 85 amphr a couple of years back.

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/numax-100ah-sealed-leisure-battery-p96549" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you havn't already fit yourself a 12v dual charge relay, there pretty cheap & easy to do.

I got this one after a bit of research - :msn4:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elecsol-110-110Ah-Deep-Cycle-Leisure-Caravan-Battery-NEXT-DAY-DEL-5-Year-Gty-/250982611026?pt=UK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item3a6fbab852#ht_1181wt_1086" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seems really good bit of kit

Hi - my first advise would be to replace the standard 3 x glass filament bulbs in the unit for LED equivalents - they use a fraction of the power - how much depends on which wattage you get (e.g. 5W) - I got low watt for the middle bulb and brighter ones for the outer two - can also get warm white which matches the OG look or the more modern white light

sorry - doesn't answer your question but will mean more running time if you haven't done this upgrade already

Cheers for the responses and links chaps.

@Lard. I saw your thread showing the low Voltage lights, defo a good idea to look into. Cheers.

Hi,

I have bought some traction batteries x2 6V flooded, massive 210ah, ultra deep cycle, more than double the best normal leisure batteries at 10,000 cycles, and i am about to decide what setup and charging system to use, also i have led lights on my westy light, have a look at the last few pages on my gallery thread for more info on the batteries and systems.

Cheers!

Alistair

where did you buy those trojans from at that price the link shows them at 132 quid a piece , also are they 210 ah each battery giving you 420ah in total :), that indeed is massive that ll do me fine :)

simo said:
I got this one after a bit of research - :msn4:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elecsol-110-110Ah-Deep-Cycle-Leisure-Caravan-Battery-NEXT-DAY-DEL-5-Year-Gty-/250982611026?pt=UK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item3a6fbab852#ht_1181wt_1086" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seems really good bit of kit

^WHS :D

a been away a longtime potts :lol:

betsy70 said:
where did you buy those trojans from at that price the link shows them at 132 quid a piece , also are they 210 ah each battery giving you 420ah in total :), that indeed is massive that ll do me fine :)

Umm, no sorry, still only 210Ahr.

Sparky

Sparky said:
betsy70 said:

Umm, no sorry, still only 210Ahr.

Sparky

Yes, that's correct, because you are linking them together to form 12V from both 6's - now if you had 4 though...... ;)

210 is enough! I reckon on a week running my fridge, maybe more when the engine/charging system running.

8)

Alistair

betsy70 said:

Hi,

I got them from ebay, here are some more x4 ! :shock:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trojan-batteries-4-Batteries-all-good-/251132087477?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Battery_Chargers&hash=item3a78a38cb5#ht_500wt_949" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They do come up often, keep your eyes peeled. There may be other makes if you do a bit of research, think others were mentioned on my links on my gallery thread, think some other folk have used x4, but 25aH IIRC, dry cell not flooded and had them laid down in the battery box in the T25, similar theory to the trojans, linked to create 12V, but with much better deep cycling.

About the same price and total aH if you buy x2 Elecsols, but the Trojans will have double the life at least - 10,000 cycles, normal leisure batteries are 5k max

If you can get a good deal on some 2nd hand ones, you'll be quids in, and you can download the Trojan spec sheets with battery voltages and percentage charge, eg 6.3V = 90 percent charged, and gravity specs it you are checking the acid directly. With the battery voltages you can find out a little more about the state of charge (SOC)
Take a look here on the Tech Support Site:

http://www.trojanbattery.com/Tech-Support/TechSupport.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Happy hunting!

Alistair

Latest posts