Just found a 69 Euro bus with Danbury conversion here in BC

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeoffP

Reaction score
Yesterdays find, Followed up on a lead near my home. Found a early bay coverd in moss and grime.

A few hours of washing and this is the end result.

It's very rusty but a great find!

1969 Tourist delivery orig Lotus White with Gala red interior!

Clock
Ambulance fans
Euro smooth dash
Euro headlights/ tail lights
Westy hitch
Danbury Camper conversion with sink and stove!

972701.jpg

972700.jpg

972699.jpg

Is this a period correct Danbury emblem or something from a later date?

972698.jpg

Ah very interesting!

Up 'til now I've seen LHD buses retro fitted with Danbury interiors, but if ever there was a 'true' LHD Danbury, I would say this bus is it! 8)

Everything of the interior is correct, and in the right places, down to the plastic curtain ties, and the original carpet on the engine deck. These are the things that wouldn't normally get transferred across, when used Danbury interiors are retro fitted into other buses.
It'd be interesting to see what the floor covering is, as Danbury only used one pattern of lino, throughout almost all Danbury production.
The Danbury badge is the style they used later in production (mid 70s onwards).

Possibly the bus may not have necessarily been fitted with its interior when new, but might have been subsequently taken to Danbury at some stage, to be converted.

I look forward to hearing (seeing) more of it, in due course!

Doug

Thanks for the info! greatly appreciated, I'll post more pic's tomorrow after some clean up.

Well it's been a bust weekend, I just purchased a 1 owner 1970 Doublecab. It was used as a shuttle for a logging crew from base camp to the forest in the 1970's-80's.
Overall not bad shape for a work truck. This means the Danbury may have to go up for sale.

Here are a few more pics of the Danbury interior.

973724.jpg

Interior mirror area showing curtian track detail.

973723.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

interior light with curtian rods

973722.jpg

Bed base and sink/faucet

973721.jpg

table mount

973720.jpg

Upper storage

973719.jpg

stove behind passenger seat (right side)

Thanks for popping the extra pics up!

Yep, everything is correct, and just the mirror image of the RHD Danbury.
It's obviously been well used and enjoyed, with some speaker holes being added to the rear bench seat of course, and new seat covers (not uncommon to see).

The double cab sounds good, too. 8)

Thanks Danbury Doug, This is the Barn find 1970 DoubleCab. It's a one owner truck that was used to ferry loggers up the mountian. It's in good shape for a work truck but has suffered a poor paint job in the 70's.
Pulling it out of the barn.

dc-1.jpg

and the orig owner, he turns 90 this week and will be buying new teeth with the cash :)

dc2.jpg

Nice double cab 8)
Just a shame barn finds don't ever come up round here :roll:

GeoffP said:
and the orig owner, he turns 90 this week and will be buying new teeth with the cash :)

dc2.jpg

And that's gotta be contender for quote of the year :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah it's kinda funny, I thought he was kidding but then he told us he's been filing his dentures to fit the last few years..... I can only imagine as all the tools I saw were very rusty and crude!

As for a barn find, I hate the term as everyone uses it but this really was an old cattle barn.

Back to the Danbury, I threw a battery charger on it yesterday, changes the old fuel hose and she fired right up and idled nice!
It had been sitting for 2 years, not too long but it was a suprise!
Anyone looking for a cool bus that needs some rust repair?

Cool find there geoff, with the double cab. It looks like it'll scrub up well!
Always great to have an original owner vehicle, and I love the bit about what he'll be doing with the cash! :lol:

Hope the Danbury finds a happy new home soon! :)

Latest posts