Is this a good time of year to sell a bus?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loweredlight

Reaction score
Well this is the first step.........

Guys and girls a question if you don't mind. I've been threatening to sell the bus for about 12 months but is this time of year a good time or should o wait till spring to sell my 70 US impor 70 pop top Westy?

Appreciate a view or two?

Cheers

Worst time of the year - best time is at the start of the season where the new owners can get the most use out of the bus

You might have less people impulse buying in winter but I don't think you'll get less money than you'd be looking for when compared to selling in spring. If you're not in a hurry you might as well start the ball rolling now and get the word out.

I can only speak from my own experience.

I bought in May and thought at the time that I had paid a reasonable price for a bus that had not been on sale too long (about 3 months) whilst every other bus I was remotely interested in was either 'gone' when I rang or wasn't quite right when I viewed. I began to think I was going to miss the start of the season if I did not buy quickly...Stu's point. So I bought, and have since realised that I paid over the odds compared to what I might have paid at the end of the season. :cry:

Moral No.1: Buses that have been for sale for ages raise suspicions about what is wrong with them.
2: Once the sun comes out the itch to buy needs scratching.
3: When buses start to sell quickly, mugs like me jump in.
4: When these three things coincide, it becomes a sellers market.

Kev

I think Spring/Summer is best time to sell.

I've my bus up for sale at the moment, I was going to hold it until Spring but I bought another project but it's no harm to get the word out.

If it needs some work then I'd say now as the work can be done over the winter without it impacting going off in it.

If it's 'ready to go' I'd say spring as who wants to buy a bus and have it sitting around for a few months before they can really use it.

Guys thanks for the thoughts and as it's definitely a ready to go bus I might just wait till the Spring.

Thanks again

Latest posts