inflatable awnings

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluebay

Reaction score
Hi all.
Has any of you lot got an inflatanle awning ?.Would like to know what you think of them and what model. makes you have.Had two regular style khyams and have been looking at there large four man inflatable but at nearly £800 would like some feedback if youve had any experiance with them.

Cheers Phil.

Thanks for reply,that's the one I'm looking at.how do you find putting it up and how long does it take you.
Cheers
Phil.

Mate I bought it when it first came out but only had chance to use it once last summer, far far quicker than my old motor dome sleeper. The aerotech 4xl over the motor domestic sleeper any day.
I arrived in Brittany at 1pm in 80 odd degree heat. Got it set up but left the pegging down as it was to hot lol.
Top awning for me, Mrs & 2 young daughter's, bloody heavy in the bag though.

Hi
This is our Vango Sapera 2, its great really easy to put up plenty of room very well made, they don't make the Sapera 2 any more its been replaced by the Kella, The difference between the two is the Sapera 2 is longer and has a removable bedroom pod, The Kella comes in different lengths the longer you go the more you pay and any new inflatable awnings from Vango you now have to pay extra for the bedroom pod, some stockists still have Sapera 2 available if you look hard enough, did lots of research before we bought ours, just a tip dont buy cheap ones after a couple of outings they start to leak
take a look at this Youtube link, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtC-dGcP29k

Hope this helps
Vinvan

Vinvan dose this work ok attached to your T2 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oh yes, you need to purchase a kador strip and figure 8 strip, the figure 8 strip fits onto the rain gutter of your T2 then the kador strip fits from the figure 8 to the awning, just google it there are plenty about

Hope this helps
Vinvan

Brilliant cheers mate, I have an old outsell country road, it's a great awning but it's old now and I get tired of putting it up on my own with all the darn poles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cheers Ands1 having had khyams before i know they`re good quality,we too have two kids so we need a large awning to take all the stuff that goes with them.Only got rid of the old khyam xl because of the time stress and arguments it took to errect it.Have a motordome tourer quick errect but its just not big enough so will sell that help fund the new one.
Phil.
Cheers vinvan like the look of that but prefer the awning running length ways with the bus.
Phil.

Hi
After much debate and research last year I bought the Vango Galli Low (goes length ways so isn't as pitch hungry). It's wasn't cheap but the quality is excellent and I can be put up on my own while the wife looks after the children. Can't fault it so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.olproshop.com/collections/inflatable-campervan-awning

I have a loopo breeze, i bought it last summer and it is fantastic. So easy to put up like all of them i expect.

Have used a vango kella for years without any problems About 10 mins to erect but we have switched to a 12v pump
Ditched the fig 8 for the pole and clamp which personally i find a but better fit

cossair said:
Hi
After much debate and research last year I bought the Vango Galli Low (goes length ways so isn't as pitch hungry). It's wasn't cheap but the quality is excellent and I can be put up on my own while the wife looks after the children. Can't fault it so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We have the Galli too, really like it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

609f3e5682ffe6dd3b803ad61931fa9f.jpg

The Galli looks awesome and a great Driveaway, but nothing at all seems to fit a low bay..
That is what I'm struggling with at the moment and over the last few years..

Purchased a Khyam Classic Tourer right at the start of last season, but it never fits right! Always sags between the Bus and the actual Awning. As the Awning attaches to the van (figure of eight) and there weather is bad (raining!) I just get the water running down the Awning, into the figure of 8 and right into the Awning!

I'm hoping there is a solution to this, but I'm guessing not?! If anyone knows how to stop this (not changing the height of the bus!!) I would love to know!

Thanks,

Scott.

cossair /67 westy - whats involved in putting it up ? do you just inflate it and it pops into place then you peg it out or do you have to spread it out once the beams are inflated - I've seen some inflatables with a crossbar air beam so it inflates into the final shape - If you know what I mean ? :)
Only asking as I have a 3yo and will have a new baby by the summer so it really needs to be a one man job for me :)

coopster said:
cossair /67 westy - whats involved in putting it up ? do you just inflate it and it pops into place then you peg it out or do you have to spread it out once the beams are inflated - I've seen some inflatables with a crossbar air beam so it inflates into the final shape - If you know what I mean ? :)
Only asking as I have a 3yo and will have a new baby by the summer so it really needs to be a one man job for me :)
We got an inflatable, originally the kela, for the same reasons. Realised we needed more space for the daughter and her stuff so upgraded to the Galli. Really easy to put up on your own. Stretch it out, peg the base, pump it up then peg the guys. After a bit of practice it's about 15-20 mins to fully inflated and carpet installed going at a leisurely pace. I'd suggest getting the footprint as well, the carpet is also a nice to have and makes it a bit nicer under foot.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Latest posts