If you had £300 to spend on a new door...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcfmonkey

Reaction score
I need a new door as my offside one is shot to bits. Complete new doors on JK and VW Heritage are about the £300 quid mark, my questions are; (1) are these new doors up to scratch compared to an original and (2) what sort of original door could I get for the same money from somewhere like FBi or MCJ?

Cheers
Monkey

Simon at NOS VW (rusty on here) has some rust free imports at the moment I think.

I would avoid "new" Brazilian VW stuff if possible - it just isn't the same quality.

Edit - here's the link to the thread - http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=68645&p=558227#p558227" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and Mark at MCJ Imports in Didcot

As above dont buy the new stuff as its not as good.

Thanks fortunate son for the kind words, i do indeed have rust free doors in stock.

http://www.nosvw.webs.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi Rusty
I'm going to double check this weekend which door is the most shagged, did you say you have some driver's doors coming in soon?

Cheers
Monkey

I was in exactly the same position as you recently, I contacted Rusty for a rust free original, but as my bus has had new dog legs let in and had the doors reskinned I was worried about gaps, in the end I had my old door completely rebuilt which cost just under £250 including paint. If your bus has the original dog legs I'd go with Rusty, and as everyone else says avoid the new tin, it's not as good.

Awwww SiDev! I'd just got my head around ordering a door from Rusty and you go and throw that in! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm pretty sure the doglegs aren't original as the gaps are already all over the shop, plus the front end's had a smack on the corner at some point and needs straightening out. I've booked the bus in for the work and was going to present them with a new door so I'm thinking they can sort the gaps out when they weld in the new dogslegs.
It's never bloody easy is it!

Monkey

IMG_4910_zpsfj0royhc.jpg

Latest posts