How To Bring Back Colour To The Dash?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TakeLifeEasy

Reaction score
My dashboaed is discoloured and want to bring the colour back. What has people used to smarten up the look of their black dash?

The only thing I would say with the back to black stuff is you won't be able to see out of the windscreen when the sun is reflecting off if your dash and causing serious glare. Ask me how I know lol

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Try the autoglym trim restorer gel stuff (can't remember the right name) did mine and it last for ages and cause you rub it on with a cloth it doesn't get everywhere like the back to black spray stuff

Is your dash padded? If so I found a good trick by accident

The top, just use a satin as mentioned otherwise the glare will annoy the hell out of you.

For the rest try interior restorer first, like this

81g8lzFelgL._SL1500_.jpg

Probs the best one you can get, avoid the cheaper ones as they leave a nasty white marks in between the padding dimples.

If this fails, follow my method here, works spot on.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68751#p562384

DSC_2591_zpsq0d1xp9w.jpg

Discovered by accident that Hammerite Satin spray works great on padded dashes.

Doesn't crack or mark easily.

Just for people who may come across this post in future times, I brought some "Back to Black" and applied it to my dashboard at the weekend and it made a massive difference. It covered most of the stains and the marks on the dashboard and put a shine brining it back to an almost new look. If you have a dashboard that has discolored, then certainly give this a go.

Latest posts