Help - sliding door runner

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VivW

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my sliding door doesn't have the runner underneath the floor that glides the door into the closed position. To close the door I have to apply a little pressure on the door to push it into the right position for it to close. I've heard that to solve this, I'd need to source the same bit of floor from another bus, cut out the bit of my floor and weld the other piece in. I've been told this because you can't buy this 'off the shelf' from somewhere like Just Kampers or anywhere else.

I'd like advice on the above, firstly is this right what I've been told? Secondly has anyone got the piece of floor from a bus that I can use? Lastly, does anyone know of someone who can do this for a fair price?

I have a 1972 crossover bay

Thanks in advance,

Viv

It hasn't rotted out, it's missing! I think someone has in the past replaced the cab floor without it. I haven't got any pics sorry.

Can be fixed, will need some cutting and welding, here is the part you need from Schofields:
https://www.alanhschofield.com/ourparts/prod_2478782-Sliding-Door-Lower-Guide-Left-Side-RHD-6879-214801671D.html

Latest posts