head lamp question

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andewilson

Reaction score
i tried some hella lights on my bus the other night.

they dont seem to fit.

my bus has a new front panel fitted with three tabs on the bowls. my hellas have one screw.

does anyone know what i need to buy as everything i have bought so far has been wrong

well if its a pattern panel both types should fit,there should be a hole for the screw for the single ,now if you had said the tabs dont line up ---they dont!!!!!!!

Here's a repro headlamp bowl with both fixings.

frontpanel049.jpg

I thought that all repro panels were basically made to use the later (and USA) 3 screw headlights not the single screw Euro headlights. But looking at the pic spary has posted it looks like both could be an option there.

were your bowls already fitted in the panel?

Thats the one Mr sparkywig. What head lamps ate you running on it dude? After just farming out a load of bits i bought wrong on eBay (for not great money I might add) I would really hope the lights I have would fit.

I cut the windscreen section and headlamp bowls out of a VW Heritage repro front panel and bought brand new early Hella headlight units, not realizing cheaper Golf units would fit as well.
Not too worried though as over two years on, the chrome rims are still unmarked and shiny and the reflectors are perfect.

The two smaller tabs and the top hole in the large tab are the late headlight fixings and the larger bottom hole on the large tab is for the early one screw fixing.

Latest posts