Gearbox issues

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baxtermt

Reaction score
Hey ladies and gents

I wonder if one of you wonderful folks can help.
As the subject suggests I have gearbox issues, I have always struggled with reverse with the van jumping out of reverse, and I have always kind of hoped that it was the reverse stop plate and bushing issues, so I have changed the very front bush and had a play with the stop reverse plate, I also bought a new poly urethane coupling to change that only to find that the one that was fitted looked fine.
I have been advised to get under the bus and get someone to go through the gears and then apparently it is quite apparent if the bushes are shot, they all appear to be quite reasonable.
Once I reassembled everything I have started to struggle selecting 2nd, so I played around with the plate, again, and I have moved the plate as far forward as possible but the shift stick is not in the recommended setting of when in second the bottom section would be vertical with a 30 degree rearward angle on the upper section. To achieve this setting the plate should go further forward but I am at the limit of the holes.
Could this be something like the rod is damaged and bent, I appreciate that the gears in the box will be damaged and I'll have to change the reverse gear, but I don't fancy putting a new one in only to wreck it again after fixing the symptom and not the cause.

I hope this makes some sense to someone, and I thank you all for any help or advice that may be given.

Thanks in advance
Matt

Latest posts