Fuel gauge alternative

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fallingoffalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My fuel gauge seems to flip between temperamental and not working, I understand that even replacing the sender may not solve the issue. I did a bit of searching and came across this:

https://www.rototherm.co.uk/non-invasive-tank-level-gauge-23.asp

Is this something that could be stuck to the bottom of the tank - is there space?

Or maybe some DIY solution, like a series of say 5 transceivers positioned up the side of the tank that will be able to detect whether they are transmitting through air or petrol. Each of the 5 levels could be reported using LEDs, or maybe just have one when tank reaches 20%?

I'm going to get my oscilloscope out tonight and do some experiments (unless I discover that it's highly dangerous).

This again could be the earth from the back of the gauges to the body, easy enough to make an additional earth to the existing with just a wire and a couple of croc clips or just a couple of bare ends and get someone else to watch your guage. Mines a 70 and earths on the top of the totem / heater box to the back of the gauges.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, worth a try for free :mrgreen:

Latest posts