Flexi hose mounting bracket

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejinx

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Van failed today because the front brake flexi hoses are not fitted to the flexible hose mounting brackets. The tester says these are missing. I must admit I over looked this. I thought the mounting brackets were welded to the van and you needed a clip to attach the flexi hose to it. The van is still in the centre can anyone tell me where the mounting brackets are on 1972 van or if I can buy them. Ordered from VW Heritage today but I think I ordered the clips not the brackets.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTI5OFgxNjAw/z/d4gAAOSwcBhWWd3T/$_1.JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think this is what I am after. Any ideas

Nerp. You've got one on each side where the hard line joins the flexi-

drum-brake-system-checks-008.jpg

Underneath the ball joint, you've got one of these each side:

IMG_0125.jpg

Sod off, it's your bus- you do it ;)

Just kidding.

TBH, I'm not sure- I've tried to find some online (so I can get a good piccy of them for you) but have turned up nothing. However, I'm sure Megabug/FBI would have some in stock.

Are you in need of the bits on the spindles, or the welded ones on the van?

I think I've a couple from a bug framehead which are the same as the ones welded to the van. It'd just be a case of finding them... :oops:

This may be a bit "random" I noticed these when looking for brake pads for wife's car, they might fit if all else fails
- they look about right...straighten the back out and bolt/weld in...

http://www.mx5parts.co.uk/brake-clutch-hose-clip-models-p-3434.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=googleshopping&utm_campaign=googlebase&gclid=Cj0KEQiAhuSzBRDBoZfG56bK9-YBEiQARiPcZaHaeLc9G94tKK-O4FDE3OQhKbU07dKeFE9awPGgNDUaAuGU8P8HAQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts