Electric fan for heater

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geofro

Reaction score
Hi All,
I've just had a 1776 engine fitted to my crossover camper and in the process replaced the Type 2 engine fan with an earlier one that clears the inlet manifolds.
The downside is it doesn't have the outlets to push air through the heat exchangers :-(
I believe later type 4 engines have an electric fan, but they're no longer available, so I'm looking for a modern equivalent.
Wondered if anyone has any experience of this approach, if so any ideas on where to source a suitable fan?

I'll post more on my experiences of fitting the 1776 in a later post... when it's all debugged!

What inlet manifolds do you have fitted? My doghouse fan housing was a tight squeeze however using a universal spanner ( mallet) we made it fit ok.
I looked at an electric fan option as well, you need a 12v with a 50mm outlet I think. You would then need to put Y section in to connect to both HEs or source a late bay fan. eBay usually is a good starting place for either. You may find that fitting an external electric fan makes the engine bay a tad crowded and you need to route around the fan belt and dynamo/alternator.

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

Latest posts