• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

EARLYBAY Exclusive - Deluxe Tachometers 68-79 - On hold

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Is there a picture available where a Tacho is installed in a T2B late (all black) series :?:
Really like the looks.

regards
Marcel

Just got around to installing mine, well pleased. Thanks Chris.
(Took advice from tofufi and used only one bulb clear.)

Very nice. :D Thanks for the pic. 4000RPM revving it a little hard. :lol:

Briebelbus said:
Hi,

Is there a picture available where a Tacho is installed in a T2B late (all black) series :?:
Really like the looks.

regards
Marcel

No-one has installed the tacho in a late T2B :?:
BTW I saw these tacho's in real life in Amersfoort lately at the 1st European Barndoor Gathering.

IMG_8022.jpg

regards
Marcel

Try on the late bay forum Marcel. I have sold quite a few black faced tachos there. :D

Hi, got mine fitted (not hooked up to coil yet). I agree about the brightness of the backlight bulbs and removed one of them. Matches better now and looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mac said:
Just got around to installing mine, well pleased. Thanks Chris.
(Took advice from tofufi and used only one bulb clear.)

Beat you :lol:

IMG-20140606-00102.jpg

If anyone is considering one of these tachos, they really are top notch. I'm well chuffed with mine :)

Price including delivery to CM77 8YG please... and I will be having one of these :D

What price can you do if I order now and collect at BusFest? Happy to pay in advance by transfer or cash on collection - I hate giving paypal my hard earned! ;)

ETA Just noticed we're both in Lincs so another option there....

canes5time said:
Hi everyone. Chris, sorry about your original thread.
A little on the tach......easy install. Run a single wire from the coil to the back of the dash. I used a defrost wire from a parted out Bus, extra long enough and has a protective sleeve already on it. Use the little supplied diode between the wire and tach. Hook up a power and ground lead. Don't forget the light hook up. E-A-S-Y! Many, many months later it still works flawlessly.
The few shows I've went to here in Florida, it's a real conversation starter. Hopefully there have been many orders from over here in the States.
Thanks again for supplying an original aftermarket addition to the Bay family.
whats the diode your on about and where can I get one thanks

privatejobs said:
canes5time said:
Hi everyone. Chris, sorry about your original thread.
A little on the tach......easy install. Run a single wire from the coil to the back of the dash. I used a defrost wire from a parted out Bus, extra long enough and has a protective sleeve already on it. Use the little supplied diode between the wire and tach. Hook up a power and ground lead. Don't forget the light hook up. E-A-S-Y! Many, many months later it still works flawlessly.
The few shows I've went to here in Florida, it's a real conversation starter. Hopefully there have been many orders from over here in the States.
Thanks again for supplying an original aftermarket addition to the Bay family.
whats the diode your on about and where can I get one thanks

The diode is a small electical component that simply controls the flow/direction of the electrical signal. In this case they stabilise the needle and smooth out the movement. They are available on ebay or any electrical store. You need a 1N4005 or higher.

i will get one and see if it stops the needle flicking all over the place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts