• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

EARLYBAY Exclusive - Deluxe Tachometers 68-79 - On hold

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gjb4212 said:
aspro said:
martin.sim said:
Clocks any time soon ...?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sorry Martin. No clocks in the near future. Tachos up and running again next week.

Are you starting a list for those that want one? I do.

No need for a list. Just shoot me a PM when you're ready to order. :D

Bazzaworld said:
Looks great,are they difficult to wire in?

Very easy to wire in. One wire to ignition, another to ground, 3rd wire from the coil and light bulbs.

hi

maybe im interested in a RPM or a Clock for my 1969 bus! Do you have some???

Regards from Portugal

André

Hi All

Been off the boil for a while reviving the battery down under. Come to grips with reality and got some gauages ready for Dubfreeze.

DUBFREEZE SPECIAL £140 delivered to the show. :D

Got a few gauges spare. Let me know if you would like one delivered there. :mrgreen:

Please PM to reserve yours.

Hi,

I'd like a Tachometer - it'd have to be posted.
Have you got any left?

Thanks

Wow these go up to 7 unlike the jk ones which only go upto 6 :D

Don't know if you know the answer to this but could these be made to work with a diesel engine? the feed for the rev counter currently comes from the Alternator so guessing it may work from your original description.

cheers

Hi everyone. Chris, sorry about your original thread.
A little on the tach......easy install. Run a single wire from the coil to the back of the dash. I used a defrost wire from a parted out Bus, extra long enough and has a protective sleeve already on it. Use the little supplied diode between the wire and tach. Hook up a power and ground lead. Don't forget the light hook up. E-A-S-Y! Many, many months later it still works flawlessly.
The few shows I've went to here in Florida, it's a real conversation starter. Hopefully there have been many orders from over here in the States.
Thanks again for supplying an original aftermarket addition to the Bay family.

canes5time said:
Hi everyone. Chris, sorry about your original thread.
A little on the tach......easy install. Run a single wire from the coil to the back of the dash. I used a defrost wire from a parted out Bus, extra long enough and has a protective sleeve already on it. Use the little supplied diode between the wire and tach. Hook up a power and ground lead. Don't forget the light hook up. E-A-S-Y! Many, many months later it still works flawlessly.
The few shows I've went to here in Florida, it's a real conversation starter. Hopefully there have been many orders from over here in the States.
Thanks again for supplying an original aftermarket addition to the Bay family.

Thats great news. Thanks for the feedback. :D

Picked mine up from the post office today. Looks great. Just need to restore the bus to put it into!
I'll let you know how it goes in a year or so!!

Just spotted you've got a new thread.

I bought mine from the very first batch of tachometers - More than 6 months on, it still works just great, and looks fantastic.

I only use one of the illumination bulbs, and have removed the green covering at the end - I find it now matches the brightness and colour of the other dials perfectly.

DSC_4127.jpg~original

Very easy to fit, as has been said above :D

Cheers Jim. ^^^ Number 1 off the production line.

Probably wouldn't have happened hadn't Jim hassled me every month for over a year to pull my finger out. :D

Just installed mine to my Crossover Bay here in South Africa - a very easy install and looks and works great!

I removed the green diffuser plastic off the globes and it looks absolutely perfect! I even cleaned up the glass on my original cluster while I was busy and they all look like new!

With the diode installed it has a very smooth and fluid action.

Just received mine this morning thanks a lot looks spot on. Just awaiting the new loom to go in and we'll be away!! :)

Just noticed JK are selling clocks now, are they yours ?

--------------------------------------
Why didn't I buy my bus years ago !?

Really just assumed they were yours

--------------------------------------
Why didn't I buy my bus years ago !?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts