Devon Pop Top Rebuild

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Nick

Reaction score
Thanks for everyones input re: Rebuild v's Roofcap we have on balance decided to work towards a rebuild. The Camper Shop can supply the majority of parts but I've still got some questions on this (this could run and run this one!).

Our roof springs are really tired anyone know of a source for replacements?

The current roof has clear plastic windows in it not sure to go for these or white plastic (both with bellows) any one got any thoughts on the pro's and con's?

Araon has very kindly volunteered to lend a hand, anyone else up for a weekender with beer and BBQ thrown in some time after mid July? The probable venue would be near to Stanford Hall? :shock:

Many thanks in advance

Nick & Zile :)

got to say i might be intrested, if i can fit it in

however before i make the journey i need to do the eaxct job you have been talking about was ordering my stuff from camper shop this mornin

i too need replacement spring you can get these at JK

good luck

jimthebin

the plastic windows are prone to split as they are solid sheets plastic welded together whereas the all white are woven and stitched therefore wont split. Im still going for the windows as that how they were and it'll take another 40 years to make them split again :D

If your original is split you might be able to find a windsurf shop or sail/kite maker that can easily repair the bellows as they are made of the same nylon type material.

Latest posts