crossover help req

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyspex

Reaction score
Hello all, just wondering if anyone can post a picture of the correct doors for a 72 crossover as my project hasn't got any and i dont want to get the wrong ones, ive seen a couple on ebay but being an inbetweeny not sure which is right and what the difference is as they look exactly the same from the outside. new doors on vw heritage etc fit from 69-79 so how is this possible?? :?

cheers

Hi, ill be going to my van in the morning so if no-one posts up anything ill get a couple of images up for you tomorrow!

Luke

as far as i remember its only hinges that are that different, and you can get adapters from someone (alan schofield?) very easily
(note early doors have more holes in the bottom of them or something but look the same when fitted,)

here is a link to the kit 8) http://www.justkampers.com/search2?location=shop&method=match_all&keywords=hinge+conversion+kit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(3rd edit) obviously, 68 doors also have push button handles but doubt they would be included with any that you will buy anyway, just thought id be clever :mrgreen:

Latest posts