Cold air internal flap and mechanism

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 28582

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I’ve changed my front panel and the original one had the cold air vent sealed up and no cold air flap.
Does anyone know where I can source one from?
I’ll need everything to connect it up to dash.

Other than the dash control knobs themselves I am not aware of any aftermarket suppliers of the rest of the gubbins i.e. you'll have to source them from a body cut or something (why can't I remember the word for a company that sells O.G. panels/cuts/shells?!)

Sometimes it’s worth having a look at fbivw.com, partsemporium.co.uk or some of the eBay sellers that sell cuts from buses. Bit of a hunting trawl. But when my bus was being renovated I picked up an original engine bay lid cheaply (£30) and a ‘nearly complete’ whole front cab section from an early bay cut. Seat housings, floor, wheel arches, door columns. Won it on eBay for £50. Got it delivered by Shiply for £90. Great find. There are problems and having luck hunting around. But sometimes it’s worthwhile.

Thanks Guys.

I’ve managed to source the flaps but I didn’t realise there is a load of other bits that are missing so now on the hunt for more!

Latest posts